Announcement

Collapse

Critical Announcement

With great regret, we would like to inform you that the decision has been made to close down www.GraphicDesignForum.com as of January 31, 2018.

The community has started www.GraphicDesignForum.org to continue the discussion.
See more
See less

Trying to Comp My Indesign for Real-World Look

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to Comp My Indesign for Real-World Look

I'm having trouble finding info on a good workflow for taking an Indesign design and placing it where it would be in the real world. I'm wondering if the word "comp" is the wrong word. I just need to make my design look like it will look at the conference...or at least close.

In case it's relevant, display is here: https://www.moddisplays.com/product/...0ft-curved-kit

Thanks,

Chris
    Give what you can't keep and keep what you can't lose. It sure takes the worry out of life.

I'd probably call it a "mock up" for what it's worth. But for a fairly simple booth, curved or not, I wouldn't mess with trying to mock it up precisely. But, if you really wanted to, you could export it and bring it into illustrator and use the envelope distort tool/bulge ... just set the bulge to a negative number and then play with the horizontal and vertical distortion as well with a slight negative and see what you get. Then mask the whole thing to mimic the curve of the booth, and if you want to be a little more authentic hit it with highlights and shadows using transparent shapes that have been blurred.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Thanks, Craig. As it is, I'm in PS, trying to make it happen there. I've had to separate the original image into two layers, since my placed image goes behind something and in front of something else (there's a table in front of my display in the conference environment). I hadn't thought of using Illustrator, even though it's what I'm most comfortable with.
      Give what you can't keep and keep what you can't lose. It sure takes the worry out of life.

Comment

Can you use the puppet warp tool on this? I was just playing around with it, and it seems like this would be a good use of the tool...
        Hip Hop just died this morning.

Comment

Here are the results: https://projects.invisionapp.com/boards/MW3G7AETVH4K9/

I basically have two choices: the background with the gray or the repeat of the larger background image. I'm not in love with either, but both follow the brand guidelines.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by aid4design View Post
            Can you use the puppet warp tool on this? I was just playing around with it, and it seems like this would be a good use of the tool...

I'm using CS5. Is that available? I just looked it up, and it seems like a new tool. Sounds cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by huckfinn View Post

I'm using CS5. Is that available? I just looked it up, and it seems like a new tool. Sounds cool though.
              It's been around since around 2010 or so.. Looks like it is available in CS5.. https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorial...ages--psd-9092

(I'm just discovering it...) It's definitely very cool and has some great uses.
              Hip Hop just died this morning.

Comment

I think the mockups work pretty well as far as showing the booth in its environment. From a design standpoint I'd be worried about those 4 boxes with all of the detailed copy being so low on the booth pane, and being so detailed (as far as how much text is their).

This article has some decent guidelines. Especially #6 about text below eye level.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

• huckfinn
                  huckfinn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah. I agree. The client is pretty clear that he wants all the text there. He wants to brief from the backdrop. I gave him a better option, but he's pretty stoked on what's here. He's a great business guy, but a little rough around the edges in a few areas. I'll check out the guidelines. I really appreciate your feedback and the link.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• sumon_77
                What do you guys think about this designe ?
                sumon_77

What do you guys think about this gig design ?...
                Today, 06:36 AM
              • sumon_77
                Reply to T-shirt designe
                sumon_77
                i like it so much....
                Today, 06:22 AM
              • MattCarson
                Reply to Any similar font?
                MattCarson
                hello Troep, do you search it in google font? If you are not searched search still now, then do it. I don't tell you that you find that font but I hope you should find a similar one.
                Today, 04:09 AM
              • B
                Reply to Freelancing - Going out on your own
                B
                I've always had a side business doing work for various clients, but I've never bitten the bullet and taken the chance of doing it full-time. Honestly, I'm a little envious of you. Good luck!
                Yesterday, 11:52 PM
              • Jess_
                Freelancing - Going out on your own
                Jess_
                After 10 years of working for other people as a graphic designer I've decided to go out on my own! I'm not going to to quit my full-time design job until I have everything lined-up but I've made up my...
                Yesterday, 10:21 PM
              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X