help on 3D logo design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on 3D logo design

Hi, I'm wondering if someone could advise me on how to create sharp 3d logo as attached on the picture? (3D letter S, cut out of 3D triangle shape) How would you proceed with it?

Thanks for any help!
    Attached Files
    3D logo
    0%
    Illustrator
    100.00%

I use Illustrator. Don't know how to use any 3D softwares efficiently.

However, to get that kind of 3D look, Illustrator really sucks. If you are going to use the Bevel and Extrude function in Illustrator, do it with no lighting effects, get the simple shapes out of it, clean it up (get rid of overlapping shapes) then hand apply the gradients. There is no easy button when it comes to that horrible algorithm.

What I might do instead is do the flat layout, then take it into one of the sign softwares (we use SignLab, but FlexiSign works too.) Sign softwares have the tools to make extruded logos without all the extra crap Illustrator leaves in. You still have to hand color it though.

As for that thing you showed being a logo, aside from the circled errors, all those gradients and textures are best left for after creating the flat design lockup. That image is only printable in that look. Not going to happen in the myriad other ways a logo will be used.

Comment

Hi Maja and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Last I looked Signlab was about $1500 per seat and requires a hardware key (dongle.) You might be able to demo it in a limited way.
        Flexi, I don't use it, but I've read the manual... They are similar, in use, and price.
        I don't believe either works on a mac. We have a hybrid shop here. Macs and PCs.

Comment

I don't see anything especially difficult in creating that in Illustrator. I wouldn't use any of Illustrator's 3D functions, though (they're terrible). Instead, I'd just draw it out using Illustrator's standard tools.

Comment

How much you payin?

Comment

Originally posted by bitvest
              Even i tried creating a 3D logo for the website http://www.bitvest.com.au , its really terrible couldn't use any of the functions in better way, can anyone help me to create a 3D logo for this website where the B in logo can draw attention of people.

Hi Bitvest and welcome to GDF.

If you want to hire someone to design your logo, please put a post in the classifieds section. Otherwise, we do not allow requests for free work. Thanks.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• kaila58
                Reply to Portfolio critique
                kaila58
                Good point, but in my opinion it's distracting in a portfolio and lacks attention to detail when displaying work.
                Yesterday, 11:30 PM
              • PrintDriver
                Reply to Portfolio critique
                PrintDriver
                Ha, I noticed the printing and registration marks and thought it refreshing to see a designer who knows to include them....
                Yesterday, 10:00 PM
              • B
                Reply to Is my job keeping me from doing good work?
                B
                One of the problems with in-house situations is that, as often as not, the upper management's expertise lies in areas other than marketing, communication or creative. Worse still, is that they don't know...
                Yesterday, 10:00 PM
              • PrintDriver
                Reply to Designer input for a card sort activity!
                PrintDriver
                Envato? Really? LOL

Y'all sure this ain't an ad?...
                Yesterday, 09:58 PM
              • PrintDriver
                Reply to Is my job keeping me from doing good work?
                PrintDriver
                This might come across as a snobbish perspective. And I do work in a very weird corner of the design industry, where the theatrical/digital/print world all intersect.
                That said...
                When our...
                Yesterday, 09:51 PM
              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X