X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Here Deal with FlexiSign-Pro??

Got Small Question to ask... not even that Important.... just a little tiny question that Involves why Path Direction Tool.

we have flexisign.
    My Site

Comment

Alrighty, check this out, I need to Take a Huge 48x120 sign, and Somehow Make it All Vector meaning, Take out the Edit text,

Someone wants there work in FS format... probably because they don't like the price of the job so they want to go somewhere else to Check it....

Well what i want to do is, Since we're not gonna make any Money from that Job this guy Really Doesn't Deserve to get his signs at all......

Unfortuntly.... he's Starting to get on my last nerve sooo Basicly i want the Text Un-Edited.... The only thing he can do with it is Either Cut it out or pay for new job.

Any idea?

How's California??

Comment

just tell him that the .fs file is house owned. you can only give out a flattened jpg or something as a layout. Make sure you give him a low res layout (psd or jpg) and have it with some evidence that you did the design. We have on our layouts a large disclaimer, and whatnot, unless he's gonna pay for the design.
        My Site

Comment

There's an Idea.......

Thanks..

Res-36 DPI it will have to be LOL.
          Last edited by Progress Signs Usa Inc.; 06-09-2006, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Progress Signs Usa Inc.
            Alrighty, check this out, I need to Take a Huge 48x120 sign, and Somehow Make it All Vector meaning, Take out the Edit text,

Someone wants there work in FS format... probably because they don't like the price of the job so they want to go somewhere else to Check it....

Well what i want to do is, Since we're not gonna make any Money from that Job this guy Really Doesn't Deserve to get his signs at all......

Unfortuntly.... he's Starting to get on my last nerve sooo Basicly i want the Text Un-Edited.... The only thing he can do with it is Either Cut it out or pay for new job.

Any idea?

How's California??
            Hi welcome to the forum, ummm you do know that if people search "Progress Signs Usa Inc." these posts will show up, in fact with as much traffic as we get after a short while they will come up at the top of a google search list.

Comment

^^^^^^^ Is that a Good thing Or a bad Thing??? ^^^^^^^^

Comment

this could be bad, I would us some sort of alias...you want to be somewhat anom. I'd think, since your talking about a specific job
                Tapp-d
                "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

I guess that depends on if you want people who are searching for your employer reading the things you say in here. Makes no matter to me, just a heads up.

Comment

I'm curious about the file your client wants.
                    Does it belong to your client (ie did he pay for it?).
                    Did you design it? Or did someone outside your shop?
                    How does your contract read regarding rights of artwork prepared for a client?

If it came from an outside designer, it's more appropriate for the client to ask the designer for the original files...but there could be issues there as well. Happens.

The reason I ask is sometimes I have the uncomfortable task of calling a client's sign shop for a logo or a layout file for reasons other than what that sign shop is using it for. Or sometimes to make a sign. If the file belongs to the client, instead of making life difficult, charge him a fee to burn it to a disk and be done with it.
                    Last edited by PrintDriver; 06-09-2006, 12:39 AM.

Comment

^^^^^^^ Is that a Good thing Or a bad Thing??? ^^^^^^^^
                      I'd definitely say it's a bad thing, given the post.
                      "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Basicly i want the Text Un-Edited.... The only thing he can do with it is Either Cut it out or pay for new job.
                        I use FlexiSIGN-PRO v7. If I'm understanding you correctly, what you want to do is, make it so that he can't edit the text that you have put on the drawing? If that is the case, all you need to do is convert the text to outlines. This will convert the text into shapes so that the program reads the text as shapes and curves instead of an actual font/text. To do this, select the text, then go to Arrange>Convert to Outlines. The only way they will be able to change what the text says is to try to match the font and any special kerning you might have done.

Or, you could convert the text to a JEPG and just place it on the sign.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                        Working...
                        X