Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    PrintDriver
    Which group of millennials are you targeting? Because not all millennials are the same. I posted an article here recently where the author had identified 5 subgroups of millennials and targeting for each...
    Today, 11:13 AM
  • Red Kittie Kat
    Reply to What font is this?
    Red Kittie Kat
    Looks like Berling LTStd Bold... with a funky T. It's either been altered or from a different font.
    Today, 08:44 AM
  • Judy Smith
    Reply to The ad I posted in classifieds was not posted
    Judy Smith
    On the post, I had linked to a thread on this forum, wherein someone advised me to post the term "volunteer" in the subject line of the classifieds section....
    Today, 03:33 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to First Time App Project Advice Needed
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF dude

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    BillyLogan
    Absolutely better. Just make sure the tag line's readable if you ever print it....
    Today, 01:47 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with opening EPS?

Hey, can someone tell me why I can't open a certain eps file, it keeps giving me this message in Photoshop "because the parser module cannot parse the file" and Macromedia Freehand and Adobe Illustrator won't open it either??

I'm using a PC is perhaps a MAC eps?

Any help appreciated!?

Thanks
    JP

I doubt it's a mac/pc thing, most "design" files are compatible cross-platforms.

What version of software are you using? Is it possible that this eps was created in a newer version?
    In this post there are 47 people, none of them can be seen.

Comment

There's as many reasons as their are all the hybrids and bastardized hybrids of EPS out there. You might try distilling the EPS to a PDF first, and then opening the PDF into Pshop. There's also at least one third-party available EPS import plugin for Pshop that gives you a lot more control over the whole rasterizing EPS process. I think it's just called 'EPS Import'.

Comment

I would distill and try to open in Illy first, why raster it, if you dont need to..
        Hip Hop just died this morning.

Comment

Good point. I missed that about trying FH and AI. If this is for something like, say-- a logo, in most cases you don't want to throw away the vector info.

Won't open in AI? You can still try creating a PDF from the EPS, and then try opening that. When all else fails for me, and I need to actually edit the EPS, not just place it, this usually works for me:

1- convert the original EPS into a PDF (if that doesn't work-- go to step three directly)
          2- do a 'SaveAs' to an EPS after tweaking the EPS save options to Level 2 (or even 1) PS, include fonts, etc.)
          3- 'Import' the EPS directly into CorelDraw using the postscript-interpreted filter. Corel's the only drawing app that gives you the option of converting embedded fonts into outlines during import-- which eliminates font issues-- and introduces editing ones! It can also mess up colours and such-- but in most cases, at least you've got real vectors to play with.

In fact, even if you never use Corel for anything else, if you're a Windows shop, it's practically worth having it on a machine for this purpose alone (even a cheap, older version of Draw should work just as well for this function). Once it's 'in' it's easy to save off to AI or even a new EPS for working in other drawing apps.

OR... once you get a PDF>>> place into ID, Export to a new PDF or EPS and take it from there. This can fix a lot of guck as well.

Comment

I'm gonna have to look at this... I'm trying to open it with Photoshop 7

I'll try a few things
            Thanks
            JP

Comment

ahhhh, it won't work lol... anyone here wanna do me a favour and take the file, open it and then resave it to an eps version that will work for me?

Comment

check your PM..

Comment

This may sound really stupid but why not place the eps in InDesign and export from there as an .eps. Open that exported .eps in Illustrator. That's how I break out vector stuff when designers send me sign files in InD or <gag>Quark...

Comment

The file is refusing to open with all types, I don't have InDesign yet,

Comment

The file they sent you is more than likely corrupt if it won't open anywhere. Ask them to re-save it and re-send it.
                      Stress: The confusion created when one’s mind overrides the body’s basic desire to choke the living crap out of some a-hole who desperately deserves it!

Comment

Will do, thanks April and Brandon for trying!...

JP

Comment

sure, here to help... ...have them Zip the file before sending it, can help with the corrupting... WinZip is free and simple to use....

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X