Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Comment on Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    <b>
    Right now, at work, I'm using an early 2011 MacBook Pro. It's had no problems at all. I'll likely get a new one early next year, but I'm in no hurry because I don't want to give up the 17-inch display....
    Today, 09:47 PM
  • iyiyi
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    iyiyi
    Overall I haven't really ever had any problems with macs either. Basically just the grpahics card problems I've been talking about. And the 2011 MBP is notorious for them (which is what I have now)....
    Today, 09:40 PM
  • <b>
    <b>
    This is a puzzling discussion because the things described run counter to my experiences.

I've been buying Macs since 1984, and have probably owned, maybe, a couple dozen of them. Also during...
    Today, 09:23 PM
  • MeadowlarkGraph
    Reply to Infographics...struggle
    MeadowlarkGraph
    Okay, first attempt at less boring. More variation in text size and background, some different images, shadows. Tried a few different layouts but nothing was hitting me. I actually like "hospice...
    Today, 09:13 PM
  • iyiyi
    iyiyi
    They are what I used before my mpb. They always had issues. The graphics cards would get screwed up and the screens would freeze (like my mpb is now doing), they were for some reason slower than other...
    Today, 08:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Day Update!

Ok, so my first day was pretty sweet.

So it looks like they are getting me a nice new pc (dual monitor per. my request). Sorry silence, I opted for the mac, but all they use there is pc, and I would be the only on in the building who nows mac.

The company is currently opperating in a temporary office downtown. However, they have bought the second oldest building in the downtown area and are currently restoring it (along side the historical society), and I guess we will be moving in over there in the next couple of months. From what I understand it is a great building with great architecture. They have a huge fishtank.

They will let me listen to my own music (headphones). We can eat at our desks. Everyone has a really nice high back leather office chair.

For my first project: I will be completely recreating thier current company website, as it is in serious need. Currently is very old flash, and very poor design.

They briefed me on the second project I will be doing. And it will be for the local Zoo... which will be really really fun.

As you can already tell I am extreamely excited. All in all it was a fun start! Minus all of the emloyee paperwork stuff.

}
    CNIC - noun [see - nick]
    1. An American "nick" name for me to use on the GDF.
    2. Designer, Developer, Carpenter, Painter, Sexy... just plain sexy.
    3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
    For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Wow cnic, sounds like you landed a sweet one. You will have to take some pics of the old building once you move in, I love architecture.
    How about a chain pickerel in your bath tub?

Comment

Wow - it sounds great!
      Congrats!
      it's deadline and I'm GROUCHY.

Comment

Glad you like your new job.... lucky bastard.
        In this post there are 47 people, none of them can be seen.

Comment

Congrats on the fishtank!!!!!
          www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

here is the view from the building we will be moving into... if you can figure our what historical building this is you will know my location.

Jacki, you can come visit.

mac.Finn, stay home.
            Attached Files
            CNIC - noun [see - nick]
            3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
            For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

Wow cnic!! Sounds like a very nice set up and I love that building!! I'm really happy for you darlin

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

LOL cnic... will do.

Comment

That's a wicked building and lovely grounds. Will your company be taking up the whole space or is it subdivided? Why would you want to eat your desk when you can have picnics outside?
                  It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Why would you want to eat your desk anyway? Then where would you put your stuff?

Comment

Rock On with the Dual Monitors cnic! I've got that setup too and I love it, its ruined me at home, I have to go buy another monitor now.

See if you can get a dual processor/dual video card setup as well. You probably wont miss your mac very much with that.

Good luck, sounds like an awesome job.
                      "To be is to do" --Socrates.
                      "To do is to be" --Jean-Paul Sartre.
                      "Do be do be do" --Frank Sinatra

Comment

Sounds like a great spot, cnic, the only downside being the PC (at least it would be for me), but I'd probably get used to that as well if everything else was supported. Sounds like they really want you to hit the ground running if they're taking care of a new computer and your software needs as well. Not a lot of places that are that proactive about that.

Best of luck to you!
                        "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Originally posted by cnic
                          here is the view from the building we will be moving into... if you can figure our what historical building this is you will know my location.

I think some of you misread what I wrote the other day.... "the view FROM the building we will be moving into."

Believe me, there is no way we would be allowed into that building to set up shop.

Thanks btw for all the kind words. I am glad to be a part of this forum... another forum that I am on couldn't possibly care less. I like the fact that most of the regulars here on the GDF, are like a group of distant friends.

CNIC - noun [see - nick]

Comment

Ahhh I did misread it ...... a great view none the less

Now I am racking my brain to figure out the building

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Congrats on the new job!

>Keeps wishing for one himself<
                              Let me see you make decisions without your televisions.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X