Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• lifestylere
    Lifestyle is the Name - Montague Script is the Font...
    lifestylere
    Lifestyle is the Name - Montague Script is the Font - The L is the problem

Ok so Montague Script is the font except the F thats Hiatus both by the same designer Stephen Rapp

Today, 11:02 PM
  • it52
    Reply to Logo Design for upscale eyeglass store
    it52
    Thanks for clarifying.

I guess for me I've done logotypes before so a part of me wanted to do something different for myself but I realize I was too focused on one idea and not letting it...
    Today, 10:51 PM
  • <b>
    <b>
    What sorts of things can be associated with eye care? Actual things, like eye charts and tears? More abstract things, like clarity and focus? Or maybe even concepts like beauty and style? There are lots...
    Today, 09:42 PM
  • it52
    it52
    I have noticed other logos used an eye but I thought the way I used the P and S made it stand out among it's competition. I chose avant garde because I thought it wouldn't look dated. I'm curious why...
    Today, 09:13 PM
  • <b>
    <b>
    Using Avant Garde type might have been a route to looking upscale back in the 1970s, but today it mostly looks dated.

Making an eye out of the P & S is a nice idea, but until I read your...
    Today, 09:04 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client presentation: best way to print a hardcopy

What do you guys do when you meet with a client and try to show them a really nice first draft?

We showed up with a laptop and an Adobe document. The client complained that it's hard to see. Later, he suggested that we have a printed copy to show them next time. Everything's cool - they loved the design and stuff - but I need to know how to fix it for next time.

I have a deskjet printer at home. I didn't think I'd need a really, really nice printer. What do you guys think?
    Give what you can't keep and keep what you can't lose. It sure takes the worry out of life.

Sometimes local print shops and the like will have laser printers and will run off some for a small fee.
    How about a chain pickerel in your bath tub?

Comment

So it's basically a color laser printer deal?
      Give what you can't keep and keep what you can't lose. It sure takes the worry out of life.

Comment

kinkos.
        www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

I like your quote, Jackimalyn.

Comment

Wayne's World, right?

Comment

lol yup
              www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

Take those pdf to your local printer and have them print them.

Comment

Yes, get it digitally printed on stock similar they are considering using (if it is a print job).

Mounting the artwork is a bit more time consuming, but can look very swish. If you are doing packaging, always do a mock-up!
                  It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

You can either get a laser printer or just take it to your local Kinkos or print shop for a quick run. It ususally isn't more than $2-4 for an 11x17in.
                    Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

Another cool thing to do for a presentation, if you're presenting ads that might run in a magazine, is to go out and buy a couple of magazines you'd envision seeing the work being placed in, and mock the ad up in the actual magazine, so they can see how it works in the context of other advertising within the magazine.

We typically do this at the agency where I work when we're trying to sell a new campaign.

I agree, though, unless you want to buy a laser printer, Kinko's for lasers.
                      "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

That's a really good idea. Then maybe you could photoshop the ad into a picture of a billboard, so they could see how it would look on a billboard.

Comment

We do that too. Or bus sides, etc. Just something to put the campaign in the context of the media placement. Believe me, it makes a huge impact for the presentation when they can envision how it will look when it's actually running.

Comment

The more I try to stay out of design and in copywriting, the more I get seduced by the creative potential of design. It's stuff like this that really make me want to switch. As it is, I don't want to be known as a copywriter/designer because it can be kinda bad for your career. I'll have to settle for being a copywriter with a "background" in design.

You guys rock. I wish I would have known how cool this forum was a long time ago.

Comment

The important thing is that you know how cool we are NOW.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X