X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Statistic

I am a developer of a photo software for digital photographers and design agencies. In a stage of planning architecture for the next program version we'd stopped and think about the future of our product. What if our new program version will be for both platforms? Mac and Windows. Mac not so popular as PC, but many design agencies have Macs.

I am not from USA and not from UK. Here Mac is not so popular. So I will be very appreciate for the peoples who can help me to decide:

- How popular Mac platform in design agencies (USA, UK, Germany)?
    - Any statistics are highly appreciated.

Sorry for mine English and
    thanks in advance.

Just a guesstimate but I believe that most design agencies use macs.

Comment

Many factors, and opinions come into play on this subject. (its a beaten dead horse) But both systems do the job, just look for what other options you are going to use them for. Also concider your local shops for upgradable parts, and local shops to buy software (yeah you can buy on the internet, but not all people can).

It is really, just a matter of preference.
      pas·sion
      If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
      -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

Originally posted by Navian
        Many factors, and opinions come into play on this subject. (its a beaten dead horse) But both systems do the job, just look for what other options you are going to use them for. Also concider your local shops for upgradable parts, and local shops to buy software (yeah you can buy on the internet, but not all people can).

It is really, just a matter of preference.
        I agree but what I am looking for:
        Determine how many percents of our target audience are used Mac. I know that average statistic for hole world is about 3-4%. But Mac popular in USA and UK more rather than other countries. And design/photo agencies love Mac, so I guess that average usage of Mac much more than 3-4% in USA/UK among agencies.

Comment

somewhere around 4% sounds about right.
          BUT-
          That is overall market share.
          In the design industry - your target market - the percentage of mac use is much higher.
          BUT-
          Bear in mind the design industry has "industry standards" that are firmly entrenched. Unless your software has the necessary creative design tools and supports the current output parameters already in use by the entire design/print industry your going to have a heck of an uphill battle.

Comment

I've been in 2 statistics classes, and I have no idea where or how you are going to find the information on that subject.
            pas·sion
            If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
            -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

Search "Apple Market Share" and use variables for Graphic Design Industry and country.

Comment

Maybe a good idea is to check your competition software. See or email them about their stats on who buys their software - Mac or PC?

If you look at something like Illustrator, where the general public don't use it, but just people that work in the industry, it might be a good guestimate.
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                Working...
                X