Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• neeru_m
    Reply to Need help with logo
    neeru_m
    Thanks Amit for your suggestions. I'll try to improve my logo...
    Today, 04:22 AM
  • AmitMan
    Reply to Music album cover
    AmitMan
    I like the grunge style here. Its a little hard to read at times, especially with the white text on black.

Nice work, keep up the good stuff!
    Today, 03:29 AM
  • AmitMan
    AmitMan
    I think I see what your trying to do with the underline, but I don't think its working in this case. A simple underline can help to add distance between a title and say a headline and can also make the...
    Today, 03:25 AM
  • AmitMan
    Reply to :::-----What's the graphic standards logo ------:::
    AmitMan
    I've heard of checklists and similar documents used for say ensuring your file is print ready (ensuring all digital images are at least 300dpi, file formats are corrects, appropriate bleeds etc.) but...
    Today, 03:11 AM
  • neeru_m
    neeru_m
    Sorry I just forget to mention. Its a Graphic and Web Design company logo. And the major symbol is a combination of "D" and "L" which is the first letter of company name "Design...
    Today, 02:57 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• font

hello
    i have created a webpage. page is created nice but in the header section i have put a name in big letter. i have tried every font. but the effect is geting blurred. i have written sms blaster in century gothic but all the curved letters' readability is not good that spoits the fun. please answer me how to proceed.
    thanks
    bye

How big is it pixels wise? What programme are you using to creat the "name" what programme are you using to create your webpage?

If using Photoshop when you "Save for Web" try saving at a slight higher res.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

i am using dreamweaver. designed in photoshop and edited in dreamweaver. but cant have nice readability

Comment

How are you saving your files?

What dpi are you working at? I normally start my files at a reasonably high dpi (only to see what I am doing properly) you can always "save for web" and reduce the size later.

Example start at 200dpi with pixel dimensions exactly the same as you need them in dreamweaver ie. 500 pixels wide by 150 pixels high.
        File > Save for web.
        Settings: Jpeg, Medium or High.
        Basically you want the lowest quality you can get away with to keep the file size low. Try medium first, if it is still crap, try high.
        Now use that new jpg file in Dreamweaver. Make sure you aren't resizing it in Dreamweaver. It should be used at the exact size. Stretching it larger will give you a crappy image. Reducing it just means that your user will be downloading a large file for a small image.
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Oh, but if you are doing slices in Photoshop, I can't help you...

Comment

As Budafist said, make sure you're not upsizing the image. This will make your pixels bigger, and you will lose detail.

Best to get the type to the exact size you want it, and use that as your header graphic.
            "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

hi
              i am not resizing the img in dreamweaver but its ok i will see something can you pls help me how can i easily design css. i have designed 9 pages in dreamweaver now the header footer and side bar are same in all the pages only the middle portion is to be changed how can i easily do it without copying the same image in every page and give an excess load. please answer the earliest. thanks uptil now
              bye

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X