Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT. Crop picture problem.

Hi everyone, (URGENT)

i have a problem in freehand. Because after i crop a picture in photoshop and bring it into freehand, the picture seen to have a white background after i did the croping over photoshop.. what can i do to have the picture after croping without the background in freehand? any kind soul can teach me?

i need to complete my stuff. VERY URGENT.. pls contact me tro this email mg_culture@hotmail.com or maybe leave your contact nu,ber for me to ask you guys.

What kind of picture is it? GIF? JPEG? BMP? TIFF?

Comment

Is a jpeg

Comment

If you save it as a jpeg in photoshop, it will not save the transparent background I'm afraid. Do you still have the source file in Photoshop? Even if not, you can bring that jpeg in Photoshop and eliminate the background then, and save as a GIF. Freehand should still recognize the transparent background.

Comment

so i need to do is after croping the picture i need to save in as gif file.. So i can have the picture with no background anymore.. will the pixel look bad in gif file?

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. It really depends on the image...if it's solid color (like a cartoon image or something) then it should be fine, but photograph quality images may suffer. There might be a better format to use if you're sending to print, something to preserve the transparency. Is this for print or web?

Comment

it.a.image logo with fonts. By the way it is a voucher, sending in for printing. So there wont be any big porblem with that right?

Comment

I thought this was like for a web banner or something or some sort of web graphic (though it's in Freehand, but I have heard of weirder), that's why I recommended GIF.

Don't you have an illustrated EPS version of the logo? Without it, this could be problematic in terms of quality. Besides GIF, the only thing I can think of is making a very intricate clipping mask around the logo after you brought it into Freehand.

Comment

I would save it as a PNG, not a GIF, unless it's a solid-edged, solid color image. PNG has JPG-like continuous-tone compression, and has multiple levels of transparency, so you can have soft edges on the transparent edge.

*EDIT: Sorry, I missed the "logo" part. Hopefully, like Reuber says, you have an eps of it. What is the original format of the logo?
                  Last edited by Ned; 09-05-2006, 06:11 PM.
                  Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                  mediamainline.com
                  cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Yeah, duh, PNG. For print file. Gif for web.

Comment

Thanks guys,

i think i will save it in tiff or PNG. thanks a million i quite new in design so i may need some advise from you guys in future.

where you guys from? Asia? im from Singapore..

Comment

Is the logo multi-coloured? Pure line, or does it contain gradients, tints? What size are you reproducing it? Commercial printing, right?

The trouble with any colour raster (other than a bitmap, or black and white that's been recoloured) is that it will have to be shoved through a postscript halftone screen. That's where edge detail suffers the most.

Comment

woo i dont understand what you saying? sound abit too pro for me but i keen to learnt. it is a few logo i need to crop out for my voucher. my voucher is 210mm x 90mm. the logo size is about 20mm x 20mm only. so wont have that much problem for printing rite? can it be seen that the edge are not shape ? because the logos are in white color.

Comment

Sorry, forgot about the translation gap.

Are the logos coloured 'solidly'. That is, how many unique colors are present in the design?

Comment

voucher is in pink color, fonts and the product icons and logos are in white color.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X