X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illustrator Print Help

Hi Guys, I am trying to print an 11x17 paper from Illustrator but for some reason I cant get the page size to fit. When i go to print, the dimensions of how I would like the paper are greyed out so I cant change them. I clicked the little arrow to get options of sizes to print, but they dont have an option for 11x17. I dont understand why I click on custom size, and it wont let me change anything. Please help!! Thanks!

Are you selecting the correct PPD for the printer you're printing the file to?
    "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Ill be honest, I dont know what PPD stands for lol.

Comment

Are you on a Mac or a PC? PPD is the printer description file. So let's say you have an XYZ printer, you'll need to make sure that you select that printer in the print dialog box, and also choose the matching printer description file for that printer.

Comment

Comment

Im on a PC with an HP 1600 Printer. Heres what the screen looks like.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...itt86/comp.jpg

Comment

the PPD option is greyed out

Comment

I can't really see what you've got going on there. Any chance of a bigger screenshot?

Comment

jpitt86, do you have a pair of binoculars?
                  WYSIWYG

Comment

hah im trying to get a bigger screenshot, i know on a mac you press control-apple-4, but I cant figure out how to on PC.

Comment

basically mt PPD option is completely greyed out, and when I try to change the paper size, "custom" is also greyed out. I have about 20 options for paper size, but 11x17 is not one.

Comment

I'm not a pc guy and don't have one in front of me at the moment. I've never liked printing straight out of Illy either. Do you have Quark or InDesign? If you do, try placing the Illy file in one of those and go to print and see if you have more options available.
                        WYSIWYG

Comment

Well from what I can make out from your screenshot, it looks like the top area on PC is very similar to Mac. I haven't seen the PPD section grayed out before. Are you sure the printer is correctly installed on your system? Are you able to select 11x17 from other programs and just Illy is the problem program?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X