Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• The01printer
    Reply to Working on a logo for myself
    The01printer
    I'm not sure if it was your intention, but I can't decide if, He is looking up, or She is looking down. I am not even sure if I prefer one way or the other but leaning toward I like Him looking up! Maybe...
    Today, 02:35 AM
  • B
    Reply to how do i work this dang thing
    B
    Hi BillySmith, and welcome to the forum.

We get a whole lot of would-be spammers signing up, so the first few posts from all new forum member are approved by a moderator. So, if your first...
    Today, 02:33 AM
  • Begeebuz
    My Stonework company logo
    Begeebuz
    Finally joined after a long time of lurking. Rate my logo for my upcoming business, I feel its too cramped and Im not digging the logo but I want to hear from others Thanks

Today, 01:49 AM
  • BillySmith
    how do i work this dang thing
    BillySmith
    where do my posts go? is anyone reading this? gah. #N00B
    Today, 12:38 AM
  • molliwhopped
    Reply to Working on a logo for myself
    molliwhopped
    I like it! Ignore the typography? i think it fits well!
    Today, 12:05 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• giant pixel art

amazing, over 8mb

http://fishki.net/comment.php?id=13403
    My website: http://ilyatitov.com/

I'm about halfway through it, and all I can say is WOW. That is cool. I mean, per section, yea not totally impressive, but the sheer size of it is astounding, so as a whole it is definitely sweet. Hell, as a half it is.

Comment

Holy crap that would have taken a lot of hours...
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Holy Cow that's huge! Pretty amazing

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Um, why?
          "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Just finished downloading. That is really cool. Definitely immersive. Reminds me of when I was a kid, I had those where's waldo books, but finding him was too easy (yeah, even that damn one where there were a bunch of Waldo's and he was the one without a shoe on...pfft, bottom right section), what I enjoyed was just looking at everything else was going on. This reminds me of that feeling. So much activity, very immersive. It just takes a while to load.

Comment

thats comparatively impressive to those super-life-like vector illustrations. Possibly more impressive, seeing as it all has to be planned like a real city.
              I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

So, anybody want to calculate how many pixels this is? It probably says on there, but my Russian (?) is kind of weak.

Comment

thats awesome, I love iso/pixel art. I tried to do it a few weeks ago, but its harder than it looks!

Comment

I turned my images off to see, after curiosity made me try to download the image. It came down as a 500x500 pixel tile of a piece of the image. I counted 20 tiles across and 20 tiles down, so 400 total tiles, at 500 x 500 each. So (not sure if my math is correct here) 100,000,000 total pixels? Or 10,000 wide by 10,000 square?

Math is not my strong suit, so maybe I've figured it out wrong. But a solid color JPEG at those dimensions comes out to 6.4 megabytes on my computer, so maybe I'm right.
                    "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Damn. Lots of pixels. That could be a cool poster, if it would fit, otherwise a cool mural.

Comment

Amazing !!!!
                        Heavenly Land at Frendie.com

[ http://www.frendie.com ]

Comment

Can someone please explain why this is so amazing? I think I'm missing a concept here.

It appears to look like any of the overhead perspective games I used to play so unless there is a finicky time consuming technique I don't see the point.

(why is 8mb big - other than too big for web?)
                          Last edited by PrintDriver; 09-08-2006, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver
                            Can someone please explain why this is so amazing?
                            I would estimate, given the fact that I don't have all that much free time, that each of the panels would take a week for me to complete (yes, pixel art is time consuming). Some of the more detailed ones would take longer, and some of the simple ones would take less.

Having said that, if there are 400 panels, it would take me a little over 7.5 years to construct that image. And that is assuming I worked every week.

Obviously it didnt take him/them that long, but I can't help but be impressed at something I will never have the time to accomplish.

Comment

That, and this isn't really design per se, I'd call it a work of art. The fact that there's so much going on is what amazes me. You can pick a certain area and there are tons of stories in there. As far as it's sole aesthetic value, I don't think it's outstanding, as I said it doesn't look different than most other pixel art, but the sheer magnitude of how much is going on is impressive.

And 8 megabites for pixel images is pretty big for web, but once you realize how large the image is it isn't really that big. I don't think anyone meant 8 meg was big outside of web. ???

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X