X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Slideshow

OK. A friend asked if I would put together a slideshow with music to play at a sur[rise birthday party. (since I am most computer literate of all the invitees) I said I would.

Problem is (A) finding the right program to use.
    (B) deciding what size to scan photos into computer.

(A)I have a PC at home and a Mac at work and brother's house.
    preferably looking for a free or minimally costing program.
    I also would like to put onto a DVD to hook up to the projector.

(B)Some photos are from early 1970's and earlier.
    Some photos are rather small (1.5 x 2) and many are 3x3.
    Most photos are blurry (i know I can only sharpen so much before making
    them look even worse)

Any help appreciated.
    Dribbble Page
    Behance Portfolio
    Linkedin Profile

have a look at

www.slideshowpro.net

don't know about music though
    Last edited by chris_bcn; 09-09-2006, 03:47 PM.

Comment

i volunteered to do this for a friends wedding reception. I used imovie. We used about 100 photos. It was waaaaaay more work than I had bargained for. We did it over a 2 day period and projected it from my laptop. The process isn't that hard, but it was time consuming.
      You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far. Yes, I am understanding the amount of work to do now, especially with fixing of the not-so-good photos (that may not even be noticed other than me). I figure the scanning would take a full day since I don't have such a large scanner and it is a little slow (4+ years though it is USB!).

I think instead of a payment (as I am offered many times-I also created the invites), I will just swap services and get a patio for the backyard.

An old co-worker told me to use iMovie too since it is set up for several songs compared to iPhoto and then to drop it into iDVD for the final Disc.
        Dribbble Page
        Behance Portfolio
        Linkedin Profile

Comment

There is MSpowerpoint but I don't think it has sound. You can always make a CD timed with powerpoint I suppose. Your coworkers advice is the best given you have access to iDVD, iMovie and iPhoto. I have these programs but never use them because I use FinalCut and DVDstudio pro.
          WYSIWYG

Comment

I ended up using iMovie because of the multiple song thing too. One stupid thing I did was tried to time everything so that the pics ended at the song. I didn't realize that there was a fade song button at the bottom! I was learning how to do it as I went. Turned out nice, though.
            You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Originally posted by cornfed
              I ended up using iMovie because of the multiple song thing too. One stupid thing I did was tried to time everything so that the pics ended at the song. I didn't realize that there was a fade song button at the bottom! I was learning how to do it as I went. Turned out nice, though.
              That's why I like FinalCut. You have an unbelievable amount of control with sound as well as video.
              WYSIWYG

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the Song fade. the co-worker told me in iPhoto you can let it figure out how long to display the pis based on the song,however, with more than one song i can see the 'headache' it caused.
                Dribbble Page
                Behance Portfolio
                Linkedin Profile

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X