Fontlab kerning issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fontlab kerning issues

Can anyone help me with an issue I'm having in Fontlab? I am creating my own font and have pasted all the characters into their metric windows, etc. I've also adjusted the metrics and kerning. The main issue is this: my font is somewhat script-like so the capital "T" and the lowercase "h" appear to be fitted correctly when I type up the word "The" in the metrics window, but when I generate the font, it is not showing up the way that it does in the fontlab program. Basically, the are not fitting together correctly. This is my first time using fontlab and I'm pretty much self taught. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm using this on a PC.

Most Likely its the program your using. Make sure your "preferences" are set right.
    <A href="http://logomotive.net/" target=_blank>http://logomotive.net/

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KitchWitch
      Reply to Book cover design - best practice?
      KitchWitch
      Hi LilleGris and welcome to GDF.

Remove the step where you design in Photoshop. Photoshop is for photos. Design your book covers in InDesign.

We ask all new members to read...
      Today, 07:22 AM
    • gordom
      Reply to Feedback on company logo design.
      gordom
      Thanks for all your suggestions Guys.
      Well, I'm not convinced to use Monospaced font (frankly speaking its not my favourite kind ).

I tried to follow B clues instead. I changed...
      Today, 06:17 AM
    • LilleGris
      Book cover design - best practice?
      LilleGris
      Book cover design - best practice?

I design books and book covers and it all works well. However I think that personally I have a bad practice that takes far too much time:
      I design...
      Today, 06:17 AM
    • PrintDriver
      Comment on Ad Specs Question
      PrintDriver
      It's been surprising me lately how often cheap trumps quality.
      Like using car wrap vinyl when you should be using photo quality prints...
      Just sayin'...
      Today, 06:05 AM
    • PrintDriver
      Reply to Charge Tax on Top of Flat Rate?
      PrintDriver
      BTW, I have a question for you.
      Do you know how highly rated the GDF is on Google results and what happens if JCookeDesign is put in there?
      The first two entries are WhoIs databases. The third...
      Today, 06:01 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
    Working...
    X