X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brochure size...

So i have a client who wants me to do a brochure for them. They want the cover, left inside, right inside, and back cover. So basically one page folded in half front and back. What size should I make my document?
    Man who farts in church, sits in own pew.

I failed to mention, it shouldn't be too wide. Im thinking 5.5 w x 8.5 h might be to wide...

Comment

How long is a piece of string? It depends on how much information and images you need to squeeze in. I don't think we can answer this for you...

How about you pick a size, lay it all up and then ask us if the size is right for the amount of info you got in there?
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I guess that works. I was just trying to think in the most logical way of when it gets layed out to print. Ideally I would like 2 up on a page so I think I'll go for there... thanx buda. oh and its 2 inches long... i mean, the string the bit of string 2 inches long

Comment

I was thinking that you needed the copy first, too. What are these gonna be used for? I would also find out what size paper they are gonna be printed on when they hit the press. Talk to the printer. They may have an optimal size for their presses that will get you more bang for the buck when it comes to setting them up so that little paper is wasted and you get a smaller run in terms of press time and consumption.
          You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

I have nothing to add... these are great tips.
            "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Cornfed, its for a Baseball training company for kids. I already have the copy but I pretty much have free reign over what to do, that is until I submit my first rendition and they take it from there. My friend is the one doing the printing and he said size doesnt matter to him, and the client has only expressed bi-fold, but I don't think he (being my friend the printer) can do bleeds. (Small operation that I am trying to help build up). So since I dont have any prepress experience im kind of grasping at straws here.

Comment

Would your friend be able to advise you in this?

You'll still need to figure out the minimum size that will allow for the copy you have, but ideally the size would be a multiple of some sort of the parent sheet size that your friend will be printing them out on.
                "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Im gonna try and talk to him tommorow and see what the biggest sheet is that he can print on. Then i'll just do some math, ugh math, Thanx Urstwile!

Comment

Make him do the math! LOL.
                    "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Originally posted by cornfed
                      I was thinking that you needed the copy first, too. What are these gonna be used for? I would also find out what size paper they are gonna be printed on when they hit the press. Talk to the printer. They may have an optimal size for their presses that will get you more bang for the buck when it comes to setting them up so that little paper is wasted and you get a smaller run in terms of press time and consumption.
                      good point, if they come back to you with an optimum sheet size you can always go 2,4 8up
                      I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                      Working...
                      X