Marquetry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquetry

I'm wanting to get the effect of marquetry in a design - is this as simple as overlaying wood textures onto vector shape? sorry if this is a really simple question, i may be overcomplicating the process in my head!
    Last edited by AbiJ; 09-11-2006, 08:42 AM.

It is probably just that simple. Vary your wood sampling of course so you aren't using the same grain in every piece. Just remember that if you want it to look like real marquetry, it can't be absolutely perfect. Even machine assisted inlays have a bit of a gap here and there. When using computers to illustrate hand crafts it's often hard to remember to put in the faults.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• StudioMonkey
        Reply to Printer requires vector file with shaded parts.
        StudioMonkey
        Vector artwork in spot colours is sensible enough, but any shading you add would not be vector artwork by definition, and Illustrator in particular has problems with shading in spot colours.
        Today, 08:50 AM
      • StudioMonkey
        Reply to Best Laptop Model for graphic designer
        StudioMonkey
        When asked a similar question years ago my boss said 'Just buy the biggest, fastest, latest thing you can afford because in 6 months it will be obsolete'.
        Today, 08:46 AM
      • StudioMonkey
        Reply to What kind of music do you like?
        StudioMonkey
        I would struggle to get it down to eight genres - I like all kinds of music but I dislike a lot of stuff for various reasons.

Classical is another list.

From this list you can...
        Today, 08:36 AM
      • Andy Hunder
        Envato EU VAT problems. Need help!
        Andy Hunder
        Greetings!
        I am the freelance web designer doing projects in EU. Iíve done a lot of them for Envato.
        But recently it turned out that I might be a subject to EU tax authoritiesí investigation,...
        Today, 08:29 AM
      • Cosmo
        Reply to Best Laptop Model for graphic designer
        Cosmo
        Are you set on a laptop? You get so much more for your money with a desktop. And I hate the thought of doing any kind of serious design work on such a tiny screen.

But it depends on your...
        Today, 08:05 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X