Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ISitude
    Reply to Common font, but what is it? Please help.
    ISitude
    Upstairs inside my head I class fonts in categories. In the Serif category I remember this face because of its pointy serif, and I remember its name mainly because the Ss look like a Boa Constrictor that...
    Today, 05:52 PM
  • ISitude
    Comment on Common font, but what is it? Please help.
    ISitude
    WELCOME!!
    Today, 05:41 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Dissertation topic
    KitchWitch
    Hi ejl and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 05:01 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Common font, but what is it? Please help.
    <b>
    I have a weird mental block when it comes to this typeface. Whenever I see it, I can never remember its name. Maybe it's because there's absolutely nothing about the face that seems even remotely ser...
    Today, 04:02 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Client hasn't paid and is using my website!!
    <b>
    I haven't heard the client's side of the story, but just taking what you've written at face value, you're dealing with a big-time deadbeat and a thief. Getting this person to voluntarily hand over payment...
    Today, 03:56 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Invitations

Hey all, I need some help. I'm changing around my response cards because she wants the guest to put their names next to which entree they want. Now, I've googled to see what the wording would be but can't find any examples. Have any of you ever done it this way? What was the wording?

I would put

chicken______ Prime Rib______

but if I saw that I would just check one of the boxes.

So that you may be better served, please select your entree.

I would maybe describe the food better. I mean chicken could pretty much be anything. Fried, baked, steamed, in fajitas, etc. Also, if they choose the prime rib, do they get to pick its level of doneness? I've never seen anyone do this on their response cards. Will you be in the mood for chicken or prime rib on Friday, the 24th at 7pm?!!
    You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Originally posted by cornfed
      So that you may be better served, please select your entree.

I would maybe describe the food better. I mean chicken could pretty much be anything. Fried, baked, steamed, in fajitas, etc. Also, if they choose the prime rib, do they get to pick its level of doneness? I've never seen anyone do this on their response cards. Will you be in the mood for chicken or prime rib on Friday, the 24th at 7pm?!!
      The weddings I've been to gave you a choice right there.. you want chicken or prime rib? Or vegitarian pesto, or all 3? Not "You selected chicken back in march and its june now, no substitutions."
      "To be is to do" --Socrates.
      "To do is to be" --Jean-Paul Sartre.
      "Do be do be do" --Frank Sinatra

Comment

The food choices are more specific I just put it general in here.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. I wouldn't want to make a choice now for December. I'm going to have to talk it over with her again. Even if I put, please select your entree, people are still going to check the box.

Comment

How about "please write your name next to your entree of choice". ? A lot of places will make you choose ahead of time or else they don't know how much to make of what.

Comment

Many weddings I go to ask for a choice. Beef/Chicken/vegetarian. I get used to it and my wife and I pick different things and swap half. As for teh doneness, most places like to have them prepared teh same so people don't get overly upset for a rare/welldone cut instead of teh opposite.

(lucky for us we gave everyone a smalle chicken topped with crab and a small prime rib cut)

For many of the weddings we have been to where we picked, our name tags have a sticker or symbol on them that denotes the food preference. It is easily switchable between two people if a couple gets the opposite order.
            Dribbble Page
            Behance Portfolio
            Linkedin Profile

Comment

Okay, what do you guys think about this idea. Which one looks the best?

Prime Rib, Name____________

Prime Rib - Name ___________

Prime Rib Name ___________

Or I could put

Prime Rib N____________ N being instead of Name.

They all look silly but its pretty much self explanatory without me writing a message. At least I think.

Edit: There is suppose to be more space between Name and Rib on the last two. For some reason it isn't showing up.

Comment

I would think the last looks like a missprint instead of "M" for Mr/Mrs/Ms/Miss

I would go with the top - Comma.
                Dribbble Page
                Behance Portfolio
                Linkedin Profile

Comment

What would a guest write if more than one person wants the same dish? Will you leave enough room to write more than one name?

blog/portfolio

Comment

^ Thats the thing. Its traditional 'response card' size. They're not big. It's a silly idea she's having, I think. At this point they're so overcrowded that it doesn't look good.

Comment

I almost always see at the bottom of a response card something like:

___ Chicken ___ Beef ___ Fish

...where the respondant writes the number of entrees to be ordered before each choice. It's simple and clean. I would strongly advise against this 'write your name next to your entree' thing. It really just won't work as well as she thinks. Does her catering hall just want to know who's getting what entree so they don't have to take everyone's order? I guess I can see how that may work in theory - someone mentioned placeholders with symbols, but guests take one look at those placeholders while they stand by the door just to see which table they're sitting at and then crumble it up into their cocktail napkin when they get their first drink. Then the waitstaff hasn't a clue where anything goes and has to take an order anyway. Or, even if the placeholders are already on the table, people rarely sit exactly where they're supposed to.
                      I'm rambling, I have work I should be doing....
                      Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 09-11-2006, 08:40 PM.

blog/portfolio

Comment

^ I already sent her out and email and asked if its necessary. I'm with you, visually its just a mess. Of course I'm not placing her organization needs above my graphic design needs.

Comment

I would do a check box in front of each selection and then a gap for the name after. Surely they won't get it wrong then??
                          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

It's wonderful that people do get a selection though. I went to a banquet and there was almost no vegetables served. If there were it was all mixed up and prepared with meat making it almost impossible for vegetarians to seperate. They just didn't think there would be vegetarians. I'll eat just about anything though mind you!
                            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                            Working...
                            X