Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft WORD etc HELP

Hi guys
    It's been awhile.
    I need some help I'm using Microsoft Office on my Mac at work( yes I know I should be using Apple work but...long story)
    Anyway sometimes when I am opening Word or Excel it tells me that my fonts are corrupt and I need to optimize... so I click ok and THEN it proceeds to list ALL the fonts in my font base (yes I said ALL I think I have over 100) and I have to click OK for each-and-every-one-of-them including the Chinese looking stuff. HELP how can I stop this or turn off optimize or whatever. Our Tech guy says it's a virus - but it only affects WORD? I dont get it do you?
    Creativity begets more creativity

It sounds like a font management problem. What OS are you on? What font utility are you using?
    WYSIWYG

Comment

I think if you hold Control when clicking the first one it OK's all the rest of them too.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

OSX
        Version 10.4.6

Comment

I am having "kind of" the same problem. I am using Suitcase. When I open Word or Xcel, I get this error from Suitcase:

"There was a conflict when attempting to activate the font Memphis in the suitcase L Memphis Light for this document. Please close the document and resolve the conflict in teh Suitcase application." Issue? I'm not opening a document. I have the font collection Memphis already open, which I use quite frequently, but for some reason, Word and Excel are trying to use this other Memphis Font. I don't see a way to change it. Once I click OK, everything is fine, it doesn't take me to the font correction thing. So do you know how I can get rid of this problem?
          WordPress Designer and theme developer. KlongDesigns - helping bloggers and non-technical folks claim their space on the internet.

Comment

Are you using a font utility program, such as FontBook or Suitcase? It sounds like you aren't. Give budafist control thing a shot.
            WYSIWYG

Comment

I use Fontbook

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X