X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make sure you get up and stretch!

We all sit at our computers for hours a day. Make sure you get up and move around ok before it's too late. Don't want work-related injuries y'know?

I'm getting a sore mouse wrist...
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

careful for carpal tunnel... ugh! Do you have a wrist support? My last job was terrible for that. My wrist was always hurting. I got one of those gel wrist pad thingies and I think it helped.

(Granted, right after I got it, I got downsized, so it could have been THAT instead... however, I wouldn't recommend the latter to anyone with a choice.)
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

I have had a mouse-user-callouse at the top of my wrist for many years, no amount of manicuring seems to help...
      Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
      - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Samakimoto Graphics
        I have had a mouse-user-callouse at the top of my wrist for many years, no amount of manicuring seems to help...
        I don't have that...yet.

I don't like those gel wrist pads. I know it's probably the point, but I feel like I can't move my wrist when I use them, therefore my mouse doesn't move freely.
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Tablet = no CTS.

Best health investment for any designer.

Walk around? Absolutely. Helps the brain be more creative and productive as well.

Comment

i've been sat un this desk from 8.00am till 5.30pm straight (no toilet visits) for the past week.
            The beginning is always today.

Comment

Originally posted by budafist
              I'm getting a sore mouse wrist...
              Considering you've started 4 threads in the past few hours, that doesnt surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by Broacher
                Tablet = no CTS.

Walk around? Absolutely. Helps the brain be more creative and productive as well.
                I'm thinking my business will buy me one of these at the end of the year. Usually sometime in December my business buys me all kinds of cool stuff so the taxable income base is just a little smaller.
                it's deadline and I'm GROUCHY.

Comment

Originally posted by captain spanky
                  i've been sat un this desk from 8.00am till 5.30pm straight (no toilet visits) for the past week.
                  Goodness! do you have a little cup under your desk?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBluePanda
                    Considering you've started 4 threads in the past few hours, that doesnt surprise me.
                    LOL did I? Well, considering that I've got now work to do, I really should be take the opportunity to do non computer stuff...but instead I go hard on here...

Comment

Originally posted by Broacher
                      Tablet = no CTS.

I used to use a tablet instead of a mouse at home but then it just stopped working. I bought another one - a different brand. But turns out the new one is poo and I've been avoiding using...maybe I should sell this new one and buy the same one as my old one...

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                      Working...
                      X