X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm growing up

Looking at my work, when I was in years 1 and 2 of Uni, most of my stuff was purple and I used the same kind of fonts over and over again...I'm glad I've grown out of that phase now!

I do purple stuff every now and again, but only when required
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

awesome! It's hard to see our progress when we're making it, since it happens in degrees. But it sure is nice to look back and see how far we've come.

Congrats!
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Thats kewl buda ..... always nice to see how far we have come

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Might be interesting to post some of that progression up in the Showcase, buda.
        "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Some people can and have done an amazing amount of incredible work sticking to just one colour. Or even one font.

Sometimes I feel myself growing 'into' black and white and courier. And I don't mean that entirely as a joke. I'm not sure if we grow out of certain phases as much as we phase out of certain growths.

Comment

If I weren't afraid that you'd chew my snarky reply up and have it for dinner, Broacher, I'd be so tempted to respond to that whole phase out certain growths thing. Just sayin'.

Comment

Urstwile, I like you more and more. At first, I wasn't so sure, but then, well... ain't it funny how certain things will just grow on you.

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile
                Might be interesting to post some of that progression up in the Showcase, buda.
                Maybe when I'm a bit more confidient that I am growing up! Some earlier work is pretty average. As you would expect of course. Can't believe I used to spend a month on a set of stationery. Nowdays I get mere hours to work on stuff...
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Broacher
                  Urstwile, I like you more and more. At first, I wasn't so sure, but then, well... ain't it funny how certain things will just grow on you.
                  Oddly, I liked you from the very first time I read one of your posts.

Comment

Well, I prefer to like people in odd ways too. Actually, I never doubted your likeability, I was just teasing you with another 'growth' line.

And besides, we're roughly the same vintage. Anyone who remembers indian ink, camera readies, french curves and ruling pens automatically gets to split a pitcher with me.

Think I'll call it a night though. Put it on my tab.

Comment

Originally posted by Broacher
                      Well, I prefer to like people in odd ways too. Actually, I never doubted your likeability, I was just teasing you with another 'growth' line.

And besides, we're roughly the same vintage. Anyone who remembers indian ink, camera readies, french curves and ruling pens automatically gets to split a pitcher with me.

Think I'll call it a night though. Put it on my tab.
                      Heehee, I knew that you were teasing me. I was teasing you back, in my sometimes ineffectual way.

I'll call ya on that tab another night. Have a good night.

Comment

Congrats on the progress Buda.

I'm as curious to see the change.
                        Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
                        - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by budafist
                          Looking at my work, when I was in years 1 and 2 of Uni, most of my stuff was purple and I used the same kind of fonts over and over again...I'm glad I've grown out of that phase now!

I do purple stuff every now and again, but only when required
                          Well I have 6 years experience and about 70% of what i do has to do with purple and the same font. (purple is one of our brand colors and i design a lot of corporate literature)
                          You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

Comment

Originally posted by colonel5
                            Well I have 6 years experience and about 70% of what i do has to do with purple and the same font. (purple is one of our brand colors and i design a lot of corporate literature)
                            Do you mean your companie's brand colours or your client's brand colours?

Actually come to think of it when I was at school my "logo" was purple too!

Comment

The company I work for has Orange (PMS 1505) & Purple (PMS 253) as their corporate colors. Not chosen by me... there's only so many ways you can spin this colors
                              You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X