Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font in freehand not clear when printed out? why?

Hi guys it me again I having a problem with my font when i use freehand to print it.. i surspirse to see that when i use photoshop the font is more clear than freehand when printing.. why is it so? i have change the font to path and does not seen to help..

By the way i need to finish the design in freehand.. Any kind hearted soul here please give me some advise.

why?.anyone can help me?

Comment

What version of Freehand?

Comment

version.11.02.92?

i know is version 11 the back is 92.... that it..

Comment

Do you have the screen font AND the printer font? If you just have the screen font and flatten a Photoshop file it'll look clearer than Freehand if you do not have the printer font.

What is the font? Have you tried converted it to outlines?

Comment

As far as I know Freehand only went to version 10 before becoming Freehand MX.

Comment

The font is Fultra Light, and i using freehand MX what is the screen font u saying? and the outline in freehand or in photoshop u talking about?

i quite new in this.

Comment

Is the text in Freehand an image you pulled in from Photoshop? In other words, did you type the text in Photoshop first and bring it into Freehand?

Comment

No i nv did that. i use the fultra light font in freehand.. i was told that using font in freehand are more clear than in photoshop when print....but when i finish my work in freehand i try to print it with my home printer the font is not clear as photoshop ..

is there somethin wrong i did in freehand that cause this to happen?i just change the fonts to path ..

Comment

You will want to take the text you typed in Freehand, select it and convert it to Paths. Then print it. If you need the live text you will have to get the printer font. There is a version of each font for your viewing onscreen and one that the printer understands so it knows which one to print.

Convert to Paths and print and let us know what happens.

You are right Reuber, it is MX.

Comment

Possibly your printer settings, make sure you're not printing as a "draft" or anything like that.

Shark, he/she's saying the font has been converted, so I'm thinking that may not be the issue (unless of course it isn't being done correctly).
                      Last edited by reuber1; 09-12-2006, 06:04 PM.

Comment

oh no i dont no how to post the picture in here can u give me ur email i send the psd file for u guys to have alook..? o maybe jpeg

Comment

Gotcha, Reuber. I wasn't following that. Sounds like you are on the right track with the printer settings. Sounds fishy to me.

If it's been converted to Paths it should print correctly unless, like Reuber says, you have your print setting set up differently.

Comment

just.some.information.again... the font is fultra light, it is a light and slim font the size i using is 8 and the background color for the font is pink color. by the way the print setting where can i change it? dont print as a draft? so i print as?

Comment

Is the font Fultra or Futura? I can't seem to find Fultra anywhere. I was trying to look it up to see what it looks like. You said you need to print from Freehand so sending a PSD wouldn't help much.

Ok, let me ask this... when you say "Not clear when printed out" what do you mean? Is it jagged looking?

If you go to www.thecreativeforum.com and sign up you can post pictures in here. That or www.imageshack.us. That way maybe some of us can see what you mean.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X