Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating laser effects

Hello again people!!

I am producing all the artwork for a new night at a big local nightclub and need to somehow replicate laser effects found in the massive clubs such as BCM (http://www.bcm-planetdance.com/bcm.swf << go to the crew section and look at laser show) i plan to incorporate these scenes on the flyer backgrounds, and into the actual logo but am a buit stuck as to how to go about it. The closest i have been is using Illy's flare tool but even that i can't work out how to alter colours etc ( spot the self taugh) ANY help would be appreciated cheers!

Bleh. It's been done to DEATH (rays). Need to think differently to get attention.

Design your flyer with say, an inch of white outside a very generous bottom bleed-- cut on an angle if possible. Take the printed flyers to a place where they do laser welding. Ask them to clamp the pile and cut off the bottom with their units. Or, probably just as good, and cheaper-- just take the stack to a woodshop and bandsaw cut the clamped stack along the trim line and finish with a few seconds of torching to the clamp pile. The burned edge will get their attention.

See? Get literal, get hot. Get creative with the form. And play up the play.

Comment

very outside the box brioacher!! awesome idea!! would still like to know the best way of achieving laser effects too tho

Comment

I would expiriment with an really soft airbrush set to a low opacity in photoshop. Pick a color and build on it, changing the color closer to white as you go. The picture on the right has a motion blur applied to it too.
        Light a man a fire and he will be warm for a short while. Light a man afire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

man, designing for a night club... that would be a lotta fun
          www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

I'd also look into using the pen tool to do make shape layers. From there you can add stroke, glows and other effects and easily re-edit their positions.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
            Working...
            X