Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
iTV is finally here... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

  • KitchWitch
    Comment on Change Username?
    KitchWitch
    Since you only have eight posts, the simplest thing to do is we delete this account and you create a new one with a new name. If those eight posts are vital, however, it's up to our forum admin (Kool)...
    Today, 02:19 PM
  • Red Kittie Kat
    Reply to My head hurts...
    Red Kittie Kat
    Lmao gang...thank you I can see I am not the only one suffering
    Today, 02:15 PM
  • jarlath
    Reply to Change Username?
    jarlath
    I also need a name change. I'm now in employment that requires I have minimal public postings online and I used a name that is too close to my actual name.
    Today, 02:15 PM
  • jarlath
    Do I need things like bleed if the edges of my document don't matter?
    jarlath
    I've purchased some A4 sheets that are basically one A4 sticker on each sheet. I want to print several labels per sheet and I've made a template in Libre Office that I've tested with A4 paper for size...
    Today, 02:12 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Comment on My head hurts...
    KitchWitch
    My favorites are the selfies that are so amazingly photoshopped, yet tagged #nofilters.
    Today, 01:59 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • iTV is finally here...

    http://news.com.com/2300-1041_3-6114...tag=ne.gall.pg

    now my friends can stop complaining about turning my couch around every time we watch movies/shows on my computer!!!
    www.standercreative.com

  • #2
    I think apple is trying to take over the world.

    Don't believe me?

    Go rent "i" robot.

    Its forshadowing baby.

    itunes, ipod, imac, itv, ilife...irobot. dont say i didn't warn you.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Loopy
      I think apple is trying to take over the world.

      Don't believe me?

      Go rent "i" robot.

      Its forshadowing baby.

      itunes, ipod, imac, itv, ilife...irobot. dont say i didn't warn you.
      well that's a better option than Microsoft taking over the world cause at least we'll have good computers to use ;o)
      You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

      Comment


      • #4
        ...almost here anyway, to be formally announced in the first quarter next year

        I was actually pondering getting a Mac Mini to use as a video podcast media center since I'm really getting into those...it's like TechTV has been revived via podcast hosts like Leo Laporte, Patrick Norton, John C. Dvorak, etc. And here comes this thing.

        I am disappointed in one thing on it however, I wish it had it's own hard drive built-in as I'd much rather use it for storage than to stream off a computer. What if your computer is off or in sleep mode?

        A tv-tuner would have been nice for Tivo-like capabilities, but perhaps that and the hard drive will be the next logical step for iTV 2.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by colonel5
          well that's a better option than Microsoft taking over the world cause at least we'll have good computers to use ;o)
          Burn!

          In your opinion...

          Comment


          • #6
            What the hell... I posted something in this section a while ago and it never showed up.

            That new shuffle is pretty slick. It's smaller than my old iPod remote!

            Only Disney movies though. I wonder if Apple will cave on the price point or if any other studios will join up.
            Last edited by mac.FINN; 09-12-2006, 08:38 PM.
            In this post there are 47 people, none of them can be seen.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Patrick Shannon
              ...almost here anyway, to be formally announced in the first quarter next year

              I was actually pondering getting a Mac Mini to use as a video podcast media center since I'm really getting into those...it's like TechTV has been revived via podcast hosts like Leo Laporte, Patrick Norton, John C. Dvorak, etc. And here comes this thing.

              I am disappointed in one thing on it however, I wish it had it's own hard drive built-in as I'd much rather use it for storage than to stream off a computer. What if your computer is off or in sleep mode?

              A tv-tuner would have been nice for Tivo-like capabilities, but perhaps that and the hard drive will be the next logical step for iTV 2.
              Hard drive. First thing that comes to mind is copy. That maybe something they don't want you to do. Or is it. How would the purchasing of a video work as far as copyrights go.
              WYSIWYG

              Comment


              • #8
                Probably work the same way purchasing the music works.
                In this post there are 47 people, none of them can be seen.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Loopy
                  Burn!

                  In your opinion...

                  Yeah nothing like a relative burn
                  You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mac.FINN
                    Probably work the same way purchasing the music works.
                    So they wouldn't mind the public copying to a DVD for example? Now the tunes you download from iTunes are coded in such a way that prevents you from copying to cd multible times, either 3-4 times. There is a way around this but Apple does have pirating on its mind.
                    WYSIWYG

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I really would assume that an iTV w/ hard drive would be no different in handling DRM'ed media files, making use of authorized accounts, etc. It's absolutely no different than a Mac Mini or any other computer. Naturally video podcasts are free for distribution so that's no problem there.

                      Only Disney movies though. I wonder if Apple will cave on the price point or if any other studios will join up.
                      It looks like they're trying the same "pied piper" approach as they did with the TV shows. They didn't have many to start, and then here comes everyone else.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I would think one day you'd be able to order any movie anytime. When that day comes then copying movies may become a problem. RIAA comes to mind.
                        http://www.riaa.com/default.asp
                        WYSIWYG

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Patrick Shannon
                          It looks like they're trying the same "pied piper" approach as they did with the TV shows. They didn't have many to start, and then here comes everyone else.
                          It sounds like several studios are hesitant to release movies for purchase. They want viewers to rent them. Jobs is vehemently against rentals.

                          It was obvious that Disney would lead the way. Jobs better hope that people start snatching up those films in record numbers or the other studios just might stay away.

                          In the long run I think it will work, especially once iTV (or whatever its release name will be) is released. I know I'll be buying one (mmm... Love the taste of that Apple Kool-Aid).
                          *insert inane quote here*

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by colonel5
                            well that's a better option than Microsoft taking over the world cause at least we'll have good computers to use ;o)
                            FACT! I AGREEEEE WITH THAT!
                            N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

                            ERiC's DESiGN HOUSE - (check me out)
                            http://ericdesignhouse.blogspot.com/



                            Design is a plan for arranging elements in such a way as best to accomplish a particular purpose.
                            -Charles Eames

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rocketpig
                              It sounds like several studios are hesitant to release movies for purchase. They want viewers to rent them. Jobs is vehemently against rentals.
                              I can understand him not budging on music subscriptions, those are crap. However, considering the movie rental format already present, I wonder if it's such a good idea for him to ignore that? I really have no interest in buying iTunes movies at the moment, as in some cases most of those movies are priced too close to those prices and it's not hard to encode DVDs to iPod with the free Handbrake (very nice program).

                              I would be potentially interested in renting movies, though...so long as they are downloaded reasonably fast (30 min - 1 hour). PPV would be a competitor though, although their problem is that you have to follow their schedule. Unless you have one of those "on demand" PPV models, which would be quicker than iTunes.

                              Or better yet, a Netflix-type option. Considering Netflix's popularity, that could make a lot of sense.

                              Comment

                              Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X