Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Roth
    Comment on Personal Logo Critique
    Roth
    If you're saying, should I have a different or same W in the name to the logo? - again it's if you can make it work. Having the same - the plus is, it can tie the two together, the minus is if it doesn't...
    Today, 12:39 AM
  • Blyq
    New Here
    Blyq
    Hey guys, my name is Blyq and I joined this forum because I do a bit of graphic design sometimes (I taught myself what little I know) and I am thinking about possibly pursuing a career in this field because...
    Today, 12:25 AM
  • Lucifer
    Comment on Creatives on Instagram and Facebook
    Lucifer
    Looks like you've already made up your mind. Why bother asking for opinions then? Print is right. If you want to make money off your pictures, buy a good camera.
    Yesterday, 10:58 PM
  • Momoshy
    Reply to How Can I Covert This logo to 3D ?
    Momoshy
    Abarth, you can do pretty much everything with smart use of gradients and transparencies.

Even if you dont plan to print anything big in a inmidiate future, is best to do as the guys above...
    Yesterday, 10:21 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to Should I charge more than $29 for this sidewalk sign?
    Cosmo
    I don't know about pricing, but let me ask this:

Is that the exact sign you are selling? Or are you offering custom signs in that style? If you are selling just that particular sign, you...
    Yesterday, 09:51 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iTV is finally here...

http://news.com.com/2300-1041_3-6114...tag=ne.gall.pg

now my friends can stop complaining about turning my couch around every time we watch movies/shows on my computer!!!
    www.standercreative.com

I think apple is trying to take over the world.

Don't believe me?

Go rent "i" robot.

Its forshadowing baby.

itunes, ipod, imac, itv, ilife...irobot. dont say i didn't warn you.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy
      I think apple is trying to take over the world.

Don't believe me?

Go rent "i" robot.

Its forshadowing baby.

itunes, ipod, imac, itv, ilife...irobot. dont say i didn't warn you.
      well that's a better option than Microsoft taking over the world cause at least we'll have good computers to use ;o)
      You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

Comment

...almost here anyway, to be formally announced in the first quarter next year

I was actually pondering getting a Mac Mini to use as a video podcast media center since I'm really getting into those...it's like TechTV has been revived via podcast hosts like Leo Laporte, Patrick Norton, John C. Dvorak, etc. And here comes this thing.

I am disappointed in one thing on it however, I wish it had it's own hard drive built-in as I'd much rather use it for storage than to stream off a computer. What if your computer is off or in sleep mode?

A tv-tuner would have been nice for Tivo-like capabilities, but perhaps that and the hard drive will be the next logical step for iTV 2.

Comment

Originally posted by colonel5
          well that's a better option than Microsoft taking over the world cause at least we'll have good computers to use ;o)
          Burn!

In your opinion...

Comment

What the hell... I posted something in this section a while ago and it never showed up.

That new shuffle is pretty slick. It's smaller than my old iPod remote!

Only Disney movies though. I wonder if Apple will cave on the price point or if any other studios will join up.
            Last edited by mac.FINN; 09-12-2006, 09:38 PM.
            In this post there are 47 people, none of them can be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Shannon
              ...almost here anyway, to be formally announced in the first quarter next year

I was actually pondering getting a Mac Mini to use as a video podcast media center since I'm really getting into those...it's like TechTV has been revived via podcast hosts like Leo Laporte, Patrick Norton, John C. Dvorak, etc. And here comes this thing.

I am disappointed in one thing on it however, I wish it had it's own hard drive built-in as I'd much rather use it for storage than to stream off a computer. What if your computer is off or in sleep mode?

A tv-tuner would have been nice for Tivo-like capabilities, but perhaps that and the hard drive will be the next logical step for iTV 2.
              Hard drive. First thing that comes to mind is copy. That maybe something they don't want you to do. Or is it. How would the purchasing of a video work as far as copyrights go.
              WYSIWYG

Comment

Probably work the same way purchasing the music works.
                In this post there are 47 people, none of them can be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy
                  Burn!

In your opinion...

Yeah nothing like a relative burn
                  You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

Comment

Originally posted by mac.FINN
                    Probably work the same way purchasing the music works.
                    So they wouldn't mind the public copying to a DVD for example? Now the tunes you download from iTunes are coded in such a way that prevents you from copying to cd multible times, either 3-4 times. There is a way around this but Apple does have pirating on its mind.
                    WYSIWYG

Comment

I really would assume that an iTV w/ hard drive would be no different in handling DRM'ed media files, making use of authorized accounts, etc. It's absolutely no different than a Mac Mini or any other computer. Naturally video podcasts are free for distribution so that's no problem there.

Only Disney movies though. I wonder if Apple will cave on the price point or if any other studios will join up.
                      It looks like they're trying the same "pied piper" approach as they did with the TV shows. They didn't have many to start, and then here comes everyone else.

Comment

I would think one day you'd be able to order any movie anytime. When that day comes then copying movies may become a problem. RIAA comes to mind.
                        http://www.riaa.com/default.asp
                        WYSIWYG

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Shannon
                          It looks like they're trying the same "pied piper" approach as they did with the TV shows. They didn't have many to start, and then here comes everyone else.
                          It sounds like several studios are hesitant to release movies for purchase. They want viewers to rent them. Jobs is vehemently against rentals.

It was obvious that Disney would lead the way. Jobs better hope that people start snatching up those films in record numbers or the other studios just might stay away.

In the long run I think it will work, especially once iTV (or whatever its release name will be) is released. I know I'll be buying one (mmm... Love the taste of that Apple Kool-Aid).
                          *insert inane quote here*

Comment

Originally posted by colonel5
                            FACT! I AGREEEEE WITH THAT!
                            N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

ERiC's DESiGN HOUSE - (check me out)
                            http://ericdesignhouse.blogspot.com/

Design is a plan for arranging elements in such a way as best to accomplish a particular purpose.
                            -Charles Eames

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketpig
                              It sounds like several studios are hesitant to release movies for purchase. They want viewers to rent them. Jobs is vehemently against rentals.
                              I can understand him not budging on music subscriptions, those are crap. However, considering the movie rental format already present, I wonder if it's such a good idea for him to ignore that? I really have no interest in buying iTunes movies at the moment, as in some cases most of those movies are priced too close to those prices and it's not hard to encode DVDs to iPod with the free Handbrake (very nice program).

I would be potentially interested in renting movies, though...so long as they are downloaded reasonably fast (30 min - 1 hour). PPV would be a competitor though, although their problem is that you have to follow their schedule. Unless you have one of those "on demand" PPV models, which would be quicker than iTunes.

Or better yet, a Netflix-type option. Considering Netflix's popularity, that could make a lot of sense.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X