Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Creative Suite and upgrading
    KitchWitch
    I'm on CS6 (not cloud) at work and I can still open old Pagemaker files. They aren't pretty, but it works.
    Today, 05:51 PM
  • PrintDriver
    PrintDriver
    You will be able to open all your CS2 files. Just be wary.

You might have trouble going from Illustrator CS2 to CS6. If you have any clipping paths in images placed in Illustrator that aren't...
    Today, 05:51 PM
  • kemingMatters
    kemingMatters
    I would look out for changes in text flow, effects being dropped, things like rounded corners going screwy when opening in CS6, the largest jump I've done is an indd created in CS3 opened with CS6. Plus...
    Today, 05:36 PM
  • UncleWally
    UncleWally
    In theory it should still work; however I might recommend double checking with Adobe just to be save.
    Today, 05:15 PM
  • Casseopia
    Creative Suite and upgrading
    Casseopia
    OK - before I ask you guys a question, I have to admit to something so terrible, so heinous, that you might just walk away shaking your head... Before you do - please try and help me with this question....
    Today, 05:04 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mouse or Trackball...???

So I've been at this studio for a year, and I've been using the generic one-button Mac mouse. I know, I know... I've managed quite well despite the uselessness of the thing, but I figure it's time to move on and get either a multi-button-super-scroll-wheel mouse or a trackball. Now, I'm very much used to the mouse idea -- we have computers here with trackballs, and though I know I could get used to how it works I'm not particularly dexterous with them. I wanted to know what everyone else's preferences are and if there were any particular models that anyone would like to suggest.

blog/portfolio

A rechargeable 5 button Mx Laser Logictech. Feels good to the hand, very smooth. It's got the scroll wheel too. No pad needed.
    WYSIWYG

Comment

Instead of a bad wrist you want a bad thumb joint? (track ball).. I hate those pieces of crap. Do yourself a favor, get a decent mouse. Like Jimking says get a Mx Laser Logictech, especially the MX518, you can set up 3 extra buttons on that mouse (5 total). It is worth the $50 bucks.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10121
      pas·sion
      If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
      -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

i am no fan of track balls, def get the laser mouse, i have one at home and it is one of the best i've used.
        www.standercreative.com

Comment

I've got a mouse with 2 buttons and a scrolling ball. It came with my new G5 I love it, the other designer is sooo jealous!
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Ė Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I have a Kensington ExpertMouse pro. BIG ball in the center you use all fingers on but not your thumb. It also has 4 programable click buttons, a scroll, 6 quicklaunch buttons and a wrist rest.

I almost, but not quite, prefer it to a tablet as far as keeping carpal tunnel away. It isn't so great for fine detail Photoshop work.

I hate the optical mice- mostly because they are picky about the surface you roll em on and my desk is cluttered.

Comment

i have the see through optical mouse that came with my mac... held together with duck tape. Oh how i wish i were kidding.
              The beginning is always today.

Comment

I work on PC, I have one of the usual infra red kind with a scroll button nothing too fancy.
                Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
                - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I still use my good old one button apple mouse, and it works great, its just a little slow. Maybe I'll get a mighty mouse with my next computer.
                  In this post there are 47 people, none of them can be seen.

Comment

tablets ftw

Comment

oh those one button mac mouses really do get to me, so tidious!
                      i did have a trackball one, then i somehow had a laser mouse lying around upstairs so out came the trackball and in with the laser!
                      its incredible how much difference is. to me i think the laser ones are much better and more awesome to use.
                      you could say there hand friendly

Comment

Neither...

I'm a tablet (Wacom's Graphire 3) kinda guy...

Comment

yeah I would say a tablet is better again ! But then again I am not privileged enough to have one of those.... would be nice. It may have to be another wise purchase of mine

Comment

Count at least one vote for a trackball over a mouse. I really like being able to place the cursor where I want it and remove my hand or finger from the trackball and the cursor stays put. Iíve got the low-tech version with a right and left button and the ball itself. The model is hand neutral (Iím a lefty and I use mouses and trackballs with my left hand, totally horrifying most people).

Comment

Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to pass on the trackball. I could get used to it if I have to, but I'm just more comfortable with the mouse. Our scanning station has a trackball, and it just slows me down.

Someone suggested the Logitech Laser MX518, but it doesn't seem to be Mac-compatible. The cordless MX1000 looks pretty darn cool with the recharging base (no batteries to make my boss buy) and has plenty of extra buttons. If my boss won't go for that one (not that it's uber-expensive or anything), the MX400 (also Mac-able) is a fairly generic corded laser mouse with the forward/back thumb buttons and the scroll wheel and seems like it could do the trick. Anyone ever use either?

blog/portfolio

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X