Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• neeru_m
    Reply to Need help with logo
    neeru_m
    Thanks Guys for your suggestions. I will try to post more work on my logos. But for sure your suggestions wwill be a great help for me....
    Today, 02:54 PM
  • Designia
    Reply to Business Greeting Cards
    Designia
    The difference in the colors and typography is too jarring....
    Today, 02:24 PM
  • Obsidian86
    Reply to Is there a member list here?
    Obsidian86
    That sounds more like a threat than an offering....
    Today, 02:08 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Please help with company logo
    seamas
    OK, so you are 100% correct in needing another logo.

Have you come up with any ideas of your own?

I would totally avoid the red cross. That is only going to make people think...
    Today, 02:06 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Illustrator CC 2014 Issue
    PrintDriver
    I've sent it in many times.
    That and making the color palette work like InDesign's for color swapping. ie, delete a color and it asks what you want to replace it with.
    The option-drag method...
    Today, 01:59 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online printers who do specialized jobs

I use a few online printers for simple jobs and I need an eight page brochure 8.5 x 11 saddle-stitched done.

Do any of you know of online printers who do this work? I've called several local printers and all their prices are out of line for a brochure this small. I've received similar quotes from them for 12 and 16 page brochures before.
    *insert inane quote here*

Were the similar quotes for similar quantity?
    If all the pricing is out of line but similar to each other, maybe it isn't out of line after all?

Sorry, just being critical. I don't like dealing with on-lines if I can help it. Can't help you there.

Comment

Email me at jo@magnumgraphix.com and I'll get you a quote. We've done the smaller page brochures before. Give me the details of size, pages(8), quality (magazine print vs. news print vs. card stock, etc) and quantity. I think all the other brochures have been stapled, but I'll look into saddle stitch.

Haven't worked with any online place, since we tend to do it all.

Let me know if you are interested, if not ignore this post.
      =)
      Jo

Comment

check out partnerprinting.com i've used them several times & have always been happy.
        Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

Just a note: Saddle stitch is stapled in the middle of the fold. I THINK saddle stitch is one of those old terms from way back when they actually used string for binding booklets together. Now days it means stapled though.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver
            Were the similar quotes for similar quantity?
            If all the pricing is out of line but similar to each other, maybe it isn't out of line after all?

Sorry, just being critical. I don't like dealing with on-lines if I can help it. Can't help you there.
            The main problem lies in the fact that most of the local printers I know are large scale businesses. I'm looking for 500 to 2500 of these brochures.

My previous jobs with these companies are usually 5,000 or higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Drazan
              I think all the other brochures have been stapled, but I'll look into saddle stitch.
              Um yeah, what PD said; saddle 'stiching' is just stapling. This is common terminology
              I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketpig
                The main problem lies in the fact that most of the local printers I know are large scale businesses. I'm looking for 500 to 2500 of these brochures.

My previous jobs with these companies are usually 5,000 or higher.
                Well the price per piece is going to be larger obviously. I'm guessing this is offset printing, is digital an option?
                I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

Originally posted by cjoe
                  Well the price per piece is going to be larger obviously. I'm guessing this is offset printing, is digital an option?
                  Nope, they want higher quality. I looks like I finally found a place with decent pricing.

I had a hard time getting them under $2 per unit initially. I ended up a little over $1.50. I can live with that.

Comment

I hate to do this

I am longtime GD who recently joined the forum. I hate to boast my printing company on this forum, but I see you were in need so I thought I'd speak up.
                    My printing company is www.platinumprinters.com

We do print 8-page brochures/catalogs along with 12, 24, and 32 page
                    with quanities as low as 1000. We also print postcards business cards and the like for way below local printers and most online printers too!

Hope this helps, and please don't take it as a shamless plug for my company.

Always help a friend in need.

Obe2Kenobi

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X