Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• AmitMan
    Reply to Music album cover
    AmitMan
    I like the grunge style here. Its a little hard to read at times, especially with the white text on black.

Nice work, keep up the good stuff!
    Today, 03:29 AM
  • AmitMan
    Reply to Need help with logo
    AmitMan
    I think I see what your trying to do with the underline, but I don't think its working in this case. A simple underline can help to add distance between a title and say a headline and can also make the...
    Today, 03:25 AM
  • AmitMan
    Reply to :::-----What's the graphic standards logo ------:::
    AmitMan
    I've heard of checklists and similar documents used for say ensuring your file is print ready (ensuring all digital images are at least 300dpi, file formats are corrects, appropriate bleeds etc.) but...
    Today, 03:11 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Is there a member list here?
    Buda
    How do you prove they're virgins?

How about we just use week old noobs?
    Today, 02:50 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to hi
    Buda
    Hi Neeru and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how the...
    Today, 02:49 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delicious..(bragging)

So remember the new job I started recently.... well....... it's going great!!!

Even though I'm the "new guy", I was already invited to dinner with the whole group.

I know I know.... you want to know about the dinner.

Dinner was at this very classy place downtown. We were served four different appetizers, and all the drinks we could ask for. After about an hour of appetizers, drinks, and conversation... I thought, well this has been fun I'm glad I was able to come and bring my fiance to meet everyone. Then just as I was thinking it was winding down, the waiters brought out menu's.

All of the meals were $25 per plate or more. I had the Salmon trio. It was very good. We were there from 5:30 to 8:30. It was a great meal and I felt very fortunate to be invited. I am SOOOO blessed to be there. I have totally found a good company to work for.

The owners are very very sweet people and, as you can probably tell, are very generous.

Ok I am done bragging now. You can tell me how much you hate me and I will understand.

CNIC - noun [see - nick]
    1. An American "nick" name for me to use on the GDF.
    2. Designer, Developer, Carpenter, Painter, Sexy... just plain sexy.
    3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
    For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

I'd try feeling happy for you, but I am too busy being bitter that I am losing my house after getting screwed over by the last company I worked for and spending the past 6 months unemployed because the job market in my area is horrible. <sigh>

Meh, don't mind me. I've been a little down in the dumps lately. I am truly glad for you... send some of your extra karma my way, would you?
    Last edited by morea; 09-14-2006, 02:46 AM.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

What!!! Morea, I'm sorry. Maybe you should delete my thread. Really, I feel bad now.
      CNIC - noun [see - nick]
      3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
      For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

no, no no... don't feel bad, lol. Hopefully moving to another area will give the old career just the kick start it's been needing.

It IS nice to know that there are still good companies out there to work for.

Comment

Definitely sounds like you landed a good job with good people. Not to shabby on the food prices either, seems like you all had fun.

I've just been at the current job for about 6 months and am reworking the companies identity. The boss is a good guy to work with, but it does seem to get more and more rare to be in a good job with good people as coworkers.

((good luck morea, I know how the unemployment thing can really kick ya down. hugs))

Comment

good people is definitely key. It can make any job seem less like "work" - three cheers for feeling appreciated! And three cheers for good people!

Comment

Originally posted by morea
              good people is definitely key. It can make any job seem less like "work" - three cheers for feeling appreciated! And three cheers for good people!
              Absolutely. I think I would go nutty if I couldn't stand to be around my work people. We're all very laid back here. It's nice. And come Friday, 3.30pm everyone starts drinking beer! I could be at this place for a loooong time!
              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

That is pretty awesome cnic ..... congratulations once again darlin

.... morea honey....

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Are they still hiring?

heh heh
                  "You're just jealous because YOUR hat doesn't have a clock in it!"

Comment

Good for CNIC.

I enjoy my job too mostly because of the people I work with... birthdays are always a good excuse to have quick tea complete with chocolate cake and real tea, smack at midday. Even better when a birthday falls on a Friday...good excuse for a TGIF *** birthday celebration.
                    Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
                    - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by cnic
                      The owners are very very sweet people and, as you can probably tell, are very generous.

Ok I am done bragging now. You can tell me how much you hate me and I will understand.
                      I used to work for a company like that. We'd go on company trips every year (Vegas, Disney World, etc) they'd take us out in the middle of the day to go drive go-karts, life was good then.
                      You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

Comment

Are any of these seemingly fictional companies in the Metro Milwaukee area???

Man you guys are lucky. I can't complain, I got a good thing goin here, but nothing like what you guys are talking about. Im so jealous...
                        www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

What's a "good" gig? That ever elusive thing. I seem to be stuck doing anything but designing. Sounds like another two years in grad school might be in order.

Oh well, sounds awesome cnic. Hope for the best.

Comment

Jacki

You could always relocate to Africa, this is the life.
                            Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
                            - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Thanks Guys / Gals!
                              CNIC - noun [see - nick]

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X