X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printing issue

using an EPSON STYLUS photo R1800 on an imac with indesigncs2, preview, and acrobat professional. trying to print out resumes. i printed one fine out earlier today in indesign using teal, black, and grays.

tonight i got new 28lb white paper, and tried to print out a different resume in indesign with blacks, grays, and browns, and the browns hardly even printed, very very light, grays didnt print at all. so i tried regular computer paper , the same thing, i tried to save as a pdf and print from preview and acrobat, same thing, then i try to print out with just blacknwhite composite and it printed out light, but it did print out.

i tried to switch the font, same thing. i tried to go back and print out the resume that printed oout fine earlier today, and it didnt print out, only 2 lines and in black, when the rest of the resume is in black and gray and teal.

i'm confused, lost.

any help would be much appreciated.

thank you

Have you checked whether the printer might just need a nozzle check or cleaning of some sort? Tried printing other files? Sounds like a printer problem, not a software problem, to me.
    "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

some how i switched it to black and gray and now i tried to print some images and it only prints in black and white.

and i checked and made sure its printing in color from how i know how to...

Comment

Check the cartridges? Do a nozzle check?
        "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

With Epson and Indesign there are at least 2 ways to set how color prints. In fact there are two ways to tell the Epson almost every print command. Too many windows.

Check both your Indesign settings and the Printer settings in the "Printer" tab on the Print Dialogue box. You may get a warning from InD but ignore it to check that your printer settings aren't weird there.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
          Working...
          X