Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Final Art Disclaimer
    PrintDriver
    The problem today is many clients and designers consider the printer's proof one more opportunity to proof read. The document you are having printed should be FINAL before it is sent to the printer. The...
    Today, 11:30 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Design Assignment
    PrintDriver
    A lot of people will not download a PDF from an unknown source. Especially with the recent rash of Cryptoware floating around. You'll get more response if you post an image.
    Today, 11:26 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Trouble Printing Correctly onto Labels, even with my own Template
    PrintDriver
    most printers have a border that cannot be infringed. Unless you have a borderless printer, you need to account for that. Usually the bottom border is wider than the other three too.

What...
    Today, 11:23 AM
  • kinner
    Reply to Advice for logo
    kinner
    Guys, thanks a lot for your feedback and comments! Really appreciated!
    Sorry I really don't get it how to quote everybody in one reply only, it keeps copying just one post instead of many.
    Today, 11:14 AM
  • hank_scorpio
    Reply to Modifying multiple artboards simultaneously in Illustrator
    hank_scorpio
    I just replying to your question on if they wanted to change just one line or word in a particular layout.
    Today, 11:12 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedy Mods

Wow! You guys are fast.

I didn't even have time to read and write a short-smartassed comment to that wind surfing guy By the time I'd posted, the thread was gone.

But who would win in a race? You or the Flash?
    In this post there are 47 people, none of them can be seen.

I got in, clicked the link. lol its alot of spec work. its a bunch of people posting there images on that other forum. I'm quick too

All that company has to do is, "oh yeah we like that design" and not pay the artist anything.
    pas·sion
    If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
    -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

Originally posted by mac.FINN
      But who would win in a race? You or the Flash?
      Why me of course.

Comment

yup i looked too and realized it was crap right away. cant believe theyre getting this work for free. someone needs to get a hold of those participating in the "contest"
        ... or should I say DECEITFUL TRICKERY!! (as if there'd be any other kind of trickery...)
        www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

I thought the rules changed and we were allowed to chew them up and spit them out if they asked for free or spec work. I was preparing my speech!
          You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Maybe there should be an alloted amount of time for public retaliation, before a thread is deleted.
            CNIC - noun [see - nick]
            1. An American "nick" name for me to use on the GDF.
            2. Designer, Developer, Carpenter, Painter, Sexy... just plain sexy.
            3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
            For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackimalyn
              yup i looked too and realized it was crap right away. cant believe theyre getting this work for free. someone needs to get a hold of those participating in the "contest"
              ... or should I say DECEITFUL TRICKERY!! (as if there'd be any other kind of trickery...)
              That would suck trying to tell all those people (who knows how many) who have posted in that forum with in 12 pages. I figure its about 200 people (and they are still posting).

Sad really.
              pas·sion
              If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
              -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

Originally posted by cnic
                Maybe there should be an alloted amount of time for public retaliation, before a thread is deleted.
                OR just before deleting it, gather all the post text, and send the retaliations back to them via email (that was registered with GDF), or post it back in there own forum (if a link is refered).

Think I'd pay money just to watch them (if it was video taped), to see the reactions.
                pas·sion
                -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

Originally posted by cornfed
                  I thought the rules changed and we were allowed to chew them up and spit them out if they asked for free or spec work. I was preparing my speech!
                  We will occasionally leave one up for you guys to slam. But generally we ditch em as fast as they appear. Even though they are slammed brutally by you fine members just having them on here lends them a certain amount of legitamicy.

Comment

Hmmm...

When is spec work 'spec work' and fun 'fun'?

If I was a kiteboarder, I'd enter. Gear is gear.

If I was a designer, I'd call it spec work.

If I was a kiteboarding designer, I might win the gear.

There was a contest hosted by one of the big printer companies in one of my sign mags to design a car wrap. The wrap would then be applied to the car at THE biggest sign show of the year. Would you take a shot at it for the marketing appeal?
                    Last edited by PrintDriver; 09-14-2006, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X