Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• neeru_m
    Reply to Need help with logo
    neeru_m
    Thanks Amit for your suggestions. I'll try to improve my logo...
    Today, 04:22 AM
  • AmitMan
    Reply to Music album cover
    AmitMan
    I like the grunge style here. Its a little hard to read at times, especially with the white text on black.

Nice work, keep up the good stuff!
    Today, 03:29 AM
  • AmitMan
    AmitMan
    I think I see what your trying to do with the underline, but I don't think its working in this case. A simple underline can help to add distance between a title and say a headline and can also make the...
    Today, 03:25 AM
  • AmitMan
    Reply to :::-----What's the graphic standards logo ------:::
    AmitMan
    I've heard of checklists and similar documents used for say ensuring your file is print ready (ensuring all digital images are at least 300dpi, file formats are corrects, appropriate bleeds etc.) but...
    Today, 03:11 AM
  • neeru_m
    neeru_m
    Sorry I just forget to mention. Its a Graphic and Web Design company logo. And the major symbol is a combination of "D" and "L" which is the first letter of company name "Design...
    Today, 02:57 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another marketing piece

A while ago, I posted this thread http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=18508 which showed this crazy marketing piece someone sent me:

And today I got another package from them that contained all sortsa promo crap. My fav is the toothpick dispenser... or the bottle opener...

But come on!
    Ive never been their customer! What a waste of money!
    www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Looks like the CEO or Marketing Director is trying REALLY hard to get some business. I wish I was sent little packages like this. We'd have a field day with it. I have to say, that toothpick dispenser is a one-of-a-kind. Impressive.

"I'll take 'What Do Rednecks Carry' for a thousand, Alex."

Great stuff!!

Comment

Seriously, what is all of this? Your right, what a waste of money. Maybe they have your company confused with someone else's.

Dibs on the floating keychain!!

CNIC - noun [see - nick]
      1. An American "nick" name for me to use on the GDF.
      2. Designer, Developer, Carpenter, Painter, Sexy... just plain sexy.
      3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
      For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

i got some nice pens out of it tho...
        www.jackiecreative.com

Comment

your latest package looks like a package from a promotions vendor. basically they can put your logo on anything. I have a guy who goes a step further and drops by with the useless crap. Though every once in a while these can serve a good purpose (like when you get lanyards with your company name and web address and they are handed out to everyone at a technology conference because their name tags are attached)
          You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

Comment

we already have a buncha promo crap. Our customers visit us a lot to check up and we give em junk with our name on it. This company is a full out marketing company.
            www.jackiecreative.com

Comment

I'll take the golf tees and divot tools.

This stuff looks as bad as what our company used to send out. But there is a new Sherif in town now, and I'm cleaning up this operation.

on a less related matter:

I had an idea for an HVAC company that sells water purification equipment to get some custom labels for bottled water and give out free bottled water to customers when they go on a job, and as other promotional offers, etc. Think thats a good idea?
              Last edited by CamDesign; 09-14-2006, 10:09 PM.
              "To be is to do" --Socrates.
              "To do is to be" --Jean-Paul Sartre.
              "Do be do be do" --Frank Sinatra

Comment

Actually the stuff they sent you probably cost them nothing except shipping. I have a friend that sells promotional items and the wholesale promotional printers give that stuff away for free - all you have to do is ask. There was a promo show in Milwaukee today, a lot of attendees there bring rolling suitcases and fill them up with all of the *CPS and catalogs that they can get their hands on. If you are really charming you can get some pretty good stuff for free like flash drives, zippos, and pocket knives.

*CPS = Cheap Plastic Shit

Originally posted by CamarotaDesign
                I had an idea for an HVAC company that sells water purification equipment to get some custom labels for bottled water and give out free bottled water to customers when they go on a job, and as other promotional offers, etc. Think thats a good idea?
                I think it is, you can actually order bottled water (or energy drinks) with specialty labels directly from a promo vendor.
                Last edited by MD; 09-14-2006, 10:45 PM.
                Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
                http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yeah, that sample stuff is usually either overuns or misprints. As MD said, it probably only cost them shipping.

We call CPS swag.

Comment

I hate that stuff (CPS, nice MD) and try to steer my clients away from it altogether.

I try to keep promotional items to things people will use (ie. mugs, pens, etc). I don't even really like that stuff much.
                    *insert inane quote here*

Comment

I know someone that is in promotional materials and at the end of runs there are always misprints, extras, and mistakes. I'm sure they have no problem shipping out the stuff to get noticed. Its a shame they didn't print anything on the t-shirt or baby shoes...like their company name or something. I guess the baby shoes could replace your fuzzy dice. LOL.
                      Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X