Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• thealfa
    Reply to what type of printer is used to print on a digipak CD?
    thealfa
    This forum won't let me type links but it's on ali baba I wonder how a t/t payment works?
    Today, 05:38 AM
  • tradebishop
    Reply to My resume need feedback.
    tradebishop
    B is spot on with this. Every HR Director I've spoken with hates designed resumes. Actually, even some Creative/Art directors hate them. They just want to be able to read it fast, and effectively. I'd...
    Today, 04:24 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Hey everyone!
    PanToshi
    Hi widderic and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 03:47 AM
  • B
    Reply to What is a "Design and Production Lead"
    B
    I agree, but I'll also add that, depending on the company, jobs are often just as much about what the employee wants them to be. I don't think that I've ever had a design job that hasn't gradually morphed...
    Today, 02:43 AM
  • widderic
    Resolution Specifications in Photoshop CS6 for Posters
    widderic
    I'm designing some promotional posters for a restaurant in Baltimore city, and the legal poster size is 8.5 x 14. When I make a new document in Photoshop it sets the default resolution to 72.009, but...
    Today, 12:46 AM

Powered by mediabistro.com
Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logo question

i have a nightmare job to make a logo with an american flag and an eagle in it. (i do not enjoy making eagle logos...nor "patriotic" logos, i just had to do another one not too long ago next time someone asks me to design an eagle logo i'm running the other way.) they wanted the "let's roll" on there too but i'm not going that far....ei ei eiii, I am trying my hardest to make this look good.

is it legal in the first place to even use the american flag in a logo or do i have to only show part of it or make it more than 60% different?
    the best designs happen when you don't even realize they are there.

I never thought of that being a problem before. I've seen heaps of logos with flags on them. Besides, if you change the flag, then it's not the flag is it?
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

if you don't mind me asking, what type of company is this for?
      I had an ad to design once where the guys wanted and eagle and a crest on it becasue they wanted tot show the American spirit. I said there are other ways to do it. good luck.
      Dribbble Page
      Behance Portfolio
      Linkedin Profile

Comment

Totally legal to use a countries flag in logos. We do it all the time.
        "You're just jealous because YOUR hat doesn't have a clock in it!"

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X