X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a simplified image of the earth like firefox

Hi, I bit of beginner question I'm afraid...

I am building a logo and as a part of that I want to have an image of the earth like the Mozilla, firefox logo http://http://ie7.com/firefox.jpg

I need a complete image of the earth to start with. Can anybody recommend how I would go about creating such an image. Should I start with and actual photo of the earth?

What kind of filters / effects (with what software) should I research to create a globe similar (though not necessarily the same colour) to the firefox logo.

Illustrator all the way.
    The grades look radial.

The planet that firefox circles is a peculiar one - though it might be a polar view.

Nasa has plenty of pictures of the earth.

Comment

yup. Illy. Vector.
      www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

you can try this link.

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/sear...rand_id=139483

it is the logo, not sure if you can see what they did or if the whole globe is there to look at. This is for Reference only though!!
        Dribbble Page
        Behance Portfolio
        Linkedin Profile

Comment

Find a photo of the earth that you like and bring it into Illustrator. Vector path over it in your choice of colors, then use a transparent gradient over the top for the "shine". Very simple. I loooove Illustrator..... enjoy!
          If I can make it through the day without a self-inflicted lobotomy, I consider myself victorious.

Comment

I just lurv logos with transparency masks and gradients in them.

$$$

Comment

Cool, thanks for the advice! Tis still a work in progress....but I'll let you know how I get on!

James

Comment

Hmm...staring at that firefox earth graphic I'm at loss trying to figure out what continents its showing....

Comment

maybe that is the point. you realize it is a globe but there isn't one regiong that seems more important than the others.
                  Dribbble Page
                  Behance Portfolio
                  Linkedin Profile

Comment

I'm not sure its an issue of importance, its obvious that the fox should/is more important. Just strikes me odd that its not really......."earth."

Wonderful logo either way.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X