Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political party unhappy with new logo...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/5348630.stm

I don't think it looks as bad as they make it out to be. They're just being too critical because they don't like change probably.

Comment

Conservatives don't love trees.
      Less be more.

Comment

Originally posted by razuel
        I don't think it looks as bad as they make it out to be. They're just being too critical because they don't like change probably.
        hahaha

Comment

I think that pigpen just walked by that logo.
          match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

Originally posted by Mynock
            Conservatives don't love trees.
            I take offense at that, I am somewhat conservative and I happen to love trees.
            How about a chain pickerel in your bath tub?

Comment

Originally posted by Logo-Mechanix
              I take offense at that, I am somewhat conservative and I happen to love trees.
              I am VERY conservative about some issues, and I like trees more than I like most people. I wish I lived in a state that wasn't trying to tear down every tree and pave over the ground they stood upon (Paramus, NJ, is a good example of what happens when you make an entire town one continuous parking lot. Yuck).

But, I still think the logo isn't all that great, either.

Comment

I think it's funny. It's not a bad logo, and I think it does represent a friendlier and more earth conscience than the original logo. And not to begin a flame war, but don't conservatives generally represent the group think that change is not good? so, what else would you expect? of course they are fearful of change to their logo.
                My Site

Comment

Oh no! politics!! Kumbaya... my lord... kumbaya...
                  www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

Kumbaya... my lord... kumbaya, everybody...

Comment

The more and more I look at it, the less I like it. I feel as though they picked a fairly rigid font, whereas, the tree seems a little whimsical with the scribble; I just don't think it melds together very well.

Then again, perhaps the contrast is a good thing?

EDIT: As far as looking like a piece of broccli... unless someone just ate a piece of broccli, I highly doubt that's the first thing they think when they see it.
                      Last edited by razuel; 09-15-2006, 07:09 PM.

Comment

In a post-apocalyptic world, there are no trees.

Comment

"Designers were paid 40,000 to replace the traditional torch emblem with an image representing 'strength, endurance, renewal and growth'."

Interesting. Trees could symbolize this, but the stylization of the logo elements don't achieve this.

I wonder if those who designed the logo associate more closely with the other party?

BTW, being conservative on some things (like personal finance) doesn't necessarily make you a conservative. It simply means you are trying to be responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by steve-o
                            BTW, being conservative on some things (like personal finance) doesn't necessarily make you a conservative. It simply means you are trying to be responsible.
                            Presactly.

Comment

I thought being responsible made you conservative . Kumbaya... my lord.... kumbaya.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X