Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to Adobe Illustrator... Object won't select!
    kemingMatters
    Drop shadow is a raster effect, you'll have to look in the appearance palette to remove the effect
    Today, 11:02 PM
  • Pavlo
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    Pavlo
    I really like the latest version and the concept of the e's facing / speaking with each other. The look and feel is vastly improved and I get an immediate sense of what you are trying to say about the...
    Today, 10:44 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Deaf graphic designers
    KitchWitch
    Hi Signing Toys and welcome to GDF.

If you are looking to hire a deaf graphic designer, please post in the classified section and be sure to include an email address so people can contact...
    Today, 10:26 PM
  • Signing Toys
    Reply to Deaf graphic designers
    Signing Toys
    Starting a business and am in need of a Deaf graphic Artist fluent in ASL and Deaf community. Please contact me.
    Today, 10:18 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Adobe Illustrator... Object won't select!
    KitchWitch
    Hi Mr.Mag00 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 08:27 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 inch monitor worth it?

I'm an advertising and graphic design student at columbus college of art and design. I only brought my laptop because I thought I wouldn't have room for my desktop, but now I plan on brining my desktop because my laptop can't handle the work I'm doing on it.

I'm doing lots of assignments and my own side work for a company I work for. I can't bring my 17/19 (forgot how big exactly) inch CRT though, that's too big. So I'm going to buy an LCD.

I read an article about how important a large monitor is for web design and graphic design. Should I fork over 800 bucks for a 24 inch dell monitor or do you think 21/22 inches is big enough?

Just buy a 19" and sit really close.

Comment

2-17" or 2-19" is >>>>>>>> than 1-24"/21"/22" by a long shot. OR a really wide screen (size of two monitors).
      pas·sion
      If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
      -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

I can't fit two monitors here.

Comment

Why not!?!?!?!?!

Two monitors is the best option. I have two 19's at home, and definatly preffer over the one 23 wide at work.

CNIC - noun [see - nick]
          1. An American "nick" name for me to use on the GDF.
          2. Designer, Developer, Carpenter, Painter, Sexy... just plain sexy.
          3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
          For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

Side by side I think it'd take up too much desk space.. I just have a small drawing desk and I need to put the monitor onthe floor when I'm doing other art work-- so putting two on the ground is more trouble than I need probably.

Not to mention I don'tknow how to setup two monitors side by side.

Comment

get some wall mounts.
              http://www.ergoindemand.com/monitor-...e-monitors.htm

*Edit* OR a dual monitor stand. http://www.ergoindemand.com/monitor_stand_dual.htm
              Last edited by Navian; 09-15-2006, 05:55 PM.
              pas·sion
              If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
              -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

Is there a guide here on how to hook up dual monitors?

Either way, any recommendations on my first question?

EDIT: I don't want to add another 200-400 bucks for a mount.

Comment

What is your budget?

Its hard to recommend a monitor setup without knowing your limit.

I'll check back later, im getting off work. 1/2-days rock.
                  pas·sion
                  -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

It's hard to determine my budget. It really depends on how much more beneficial a 24 inch monitor would be to say a 21 inch monitor. If it's much more beneficial, then I could come up with the 800 bucks for it-- if it's not going to make much difference, I'd stick with something smaller. Working on this 15 inch laptop monitor sucks though, definitely want something BIG.

As far as dual monitors go-- if it's not too difficult to hook them up (wouldn't I need two graphics cards?) then I would consider it. I assume two 17 or 19 inch monitors would be cheaper than one 24 incher.

Comment

Just buy the new 24" iMac... I just returned from a lunch at the apple store, simply brilliant
                      You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

Comment

For an extra 100 bucks, the dell is fine for me if I go with 24 inches.

Comment

I was just reading up on this, because Im about to update to dual monitors at home.

I wasnt aware that you had to have a seperate video card for each monitor, or a dual head video card. At work there is this adaptor that has both monitors plugged into it, and and then that plugs into a single slot. Im not sure what the deal is. At home I have a nvidia Geforce 5400 or something like that. Does anyone know if it would be possible to do a similar thing, or do I need to get another? Is the one at work designed specifically for this adaptor thing or something? Its a Nvidia Quadro NVS
                          "To be is to do" --Socrates.
                          "To do is to be" --Jean-Paul Sartre.
                          "Do be do be do" --Frank Sinatra

Comment

I have the 24" Dell and it ROCKS! I say buy it!
                            You can get them close to $650.00 if you find the right person. Mine was $750.00 5 months ago...
                            Contact Advance Achieve

http://www.henderson-design.com

Comment

My video card has one VGA and one DVI slot. I just plug one monitor into each of those, and set it up the way I want it in the video card options in the control panel. Adapters for VGA->DVI or DVI->VGA are cheap, too. I use(d) one 19" and one 15", though, so I just used the 15" for music and IRC :P
                              http://pederklev.deviantart.com/gallery

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X