No announcement yet.

Mac sees PS file as a Unix executable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac sees PS file as a Unix executable?

Okay, here's a weird one. I've got a bunch of files on archive discs, anywhere from 3 to 7 years old. They show up on the Mac as "Unix executable" files. If I try to send one to Photoshop CS, I get an error saying it's the wrong type of file. If I send one to Illustrator, it brings up the Import Photoshop dialog and imports the file just fine!

Any ideas how to open them directly in Photoshop? Changing it to "Open with Adobe Photoshop CS" makes no difference.
    Annie
    ...I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five years, and I'm happy, Doctor; I finally won out over it!

Can you just change the extension?

Comment

Well, that was simple! I don't have any great expertise on a Mac, and I didn't think they paid any attention to the extension...

Thanks!
      Annie
      ...I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five years, and I'm happy, Doctor; I finally won out over it!

Comment

Woo Hoo I got an answer right

Comment

Originally posted by Kool
          Woo Hoo I got an answer right
          What's your right to wrong record, Kool?

Comment

Actually I'm always right and you folks better never forget it. It's just that I answer fewer and fewer questions any more

Comment

Picking your battles carefully, I see.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
                Reply to Help Recreating this Type of Graphic: Any software suggestions
                B
                My definition of data visualization is just that, the visualization of data. This could be anything from a simple Excel pie chart to something as elaborate as what the OP posted. I don't know how you've...
                Today, 12:29 AM
              • bigdata
                Reply to Help Recreating this Type of Graphic: Any software suggestions
                bigdata
                Apologies for taking this much of the OP's thread and I get what you guys are saying.

But data visualization is about the flow of data from there to there.

The examples posted...
                Yesterday, 10:28 PM
              • B
                Reply to Perfect union of triangles
                B
                If it were me, I'd use a 3D app.
                Yesterday, 10:18 PM
              • B
                Reply to Triangle Occupational Therapy
                B
                It might not be worth pursuing, but it just occurred to me that tilting a cube so that one of the corners is pointing directly at the viewer results in three sides of the block being visible. It doesn't...
                Yesterday, 09:48 PM
              • B
                Reply to Triangle Occupational Therapy
                B
                I can see why she likes the scratchboard look of the blocks -- it is a nice look. As an illustrative technique, it's great. As a logo, though, it'll create potential problems for her.

The...
                Yesterday, 09:31 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X