Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• lowfatgraphics
    Reply to UX tips
    lowfatgraphics
    Hmm This isn't UX, it is UI... Its common to get the two mixed up but having worked in UX and now UI, there is a pretty big difference.

Now from a UI stand point, there isn't much here...aside...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Candy Shop Logo
    lowfatgraphics
    "S" is tough to read-- looks interesting. the glossy highlights seem to have multiple light sources tho...might want to double check.
    Today, 03:43 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    lowfatgraphics
    Tough to comment because I'm not aware of its usage...signage or a cup coaster-- how small will it ever be, because at one point the thin tag line with not be readable. So you would have to create a system....
    Today, 03:39 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Font
    lowfatgraphics
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking to invest in a font management software. I've used Suitcase Fusion ($119) before but I've been hearing good things about Font Explorer X Pro ($89).

Today, 03:18 AM
  • arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    Changed the fonts, removed the texture, reduced the amount of colors & brightened the orange. better?...
    Today, 02:21 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac sees PS file as a Unix executable?

Okay, here's a weird one. I've got a bunch of files on archive discs, anywhere from 3 to 7 years old. They show up on the Mac as "Unix executable" files. If I try to send one to Photoshop CS, I get an error saying it's the wrong type of file. If I send one to Illustrator, it brings up the Import Photoshop dialog and imports the file just fine!

Any ideas how to open them directly in Photoshop? Changing it to "Open with Adobe Photoshop CS" makes no difference.
    Annie
    ...I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five years, and I'm happy, Doctor; I finally won out over it!

Can you just change the extension?

Comment

Well, that was simple! I don't have any great expertise on a Mac, and I didn't think they paid any attention to the extension...

Thanks!
      Annie
      ...I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five years, and I'm happy, Doctor; I finally won out over it!

Comment

Woo Hoo I got an answer right

Comment

Originally posted by Kool
          Woo Hoo I got an answer right
          What's your right to wrong record, Kool?

Comment

Actually I'm always right and you folks better never forget it. It's just that I answer fewer and fewer questions any more

Comment

Picking your battles carefully, I see.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X