Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to free upload area?
    PrintDriver
    Hightail is free up to a point under a certain filesize.
    Same goes for Dropbox.
    They are different services though. Hightail, your recipient gets a download link and doesn't require they have...
    Today, 05:35 PM
  • garricks
    Reply to free upload area?
    garricks
    Dropbox & Google Drive, and there's a Microsoft cloud service as well…can't remember the name. Apple also has cloud storage.
    Today, 05:13 PM
  • StudioMonkey
    Reply to Font ID - curly informal font
    StudioMonkey
    Thanks, ISitude - you are my hero. This was a new one on me.
    Today, 05:08 PM
  • Salt
    Hi I'm Salt.
    Salt
    Hello everyone. Henceforth I shall go by name of Salt on these forums, like I do on every other one I use. I am an artist and animator, and I'd like to learn graphic design and this forum looked like...
    Today, 05:03 PM
  • Designia
    Reply to Working on a logo for myself
    Designia
    I keep looking for flames in the lines of the wings so they're not really working as feathers or flames to me. I really like the color overlay,.
    Today, 04:56 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design job: what to expect in 2nd interview?

I got called back for a second interview for a web design job. This is my first real job interview (not counting the first interview with this company a week ago) and I'm not sure what happens at a second interview. I'm wondering what I can expect to talk about or do at a second interview. Should I bring my portfolio again? etc. Thanks.
    -Jeff

It definately wont hurt to call up and ask them if they want you to bring it. If you made it to a second interview, thats looking pretty darn good! Good Luck!
    "To be is to do" --Socrates.
    "To do is to be" --Jean-Paul Sartre.
    "Do be do be do" --Frank Sinatra

Comment

I think everyone is different.

If you weren't asked situation questions in your first interview, you might get these.
      Such as "give an example where you had to handle a difficult deadline".

Bring your portfolio anyway. It won't hurt. You might be meeting the rest of the team.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Yes bring everything you brought to first interview and anything else they may have requested or mentioned. You would hate to be unprepared if they asked for something and your response was " oh I didn't know you wanted to see my portfolio again"....it could make you appear unprepared which is the last thing you want.
        If its not needed, well at least you were ready for it.
        Second interviews could mean many things. But for you it's a postive thing. I don't know the type of job environment you are applying to but discussions of salary expectations will probably take place, or maybe a more detailed history of what they do (if not done in first). Your portfolio has obviously caught their attention and you have made it as far as being profiled right for the job. They may just want to get to know you better, see how you react to things or situations, making sure you will fit in to the culture of the office. Then compare you to other 'finalists'.
        Don't be afraid to ask how many others are being interviewed.
        Smile, try to make it genuine. As I said second interviews can be more of them getting to know your charector more. They may also test you.
        Lots of possibilities, I would just BE PREPARED for anything. I was hired on the spot at a second interview once and put right to work. I wouldn't say this is a common thing but just be ready for anything.

Good luck!!
        "You're just jealous because YOUR hat doesn't have a clock in it!"

Comment

thanks for the help guys. I'm doing lots of research for second interview expectations, and writing down some questions to ask... only have 3 so far... but Thanks again for the responses.

Comment

Yes questions are important. They actually tell the interviewer a lot about you.

I remember my first few interviews I didn't prepare questions and I couldn't think up any on the spot. I didn't look very smart at those interviews. That or it looked like I didn't care.
            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
            Working...
            X