Clipping mask

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipping mask

Im sure this is one of the easiest techniques in Illustrator. But what I would like to know is the easiest way to clip out the logo from the buisness card design. The dotted lines are the cards boundarys.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Are you talking about the watermark image in the background and you just want the edges that go outside the dotted line clipped out?

Easy. Draw a box to the size of the card (the dotted line), make sure it has a stroke only (no fill). Then select the box and the logo go under OBJECT/CLIPPING MASK and select MAKE.
    Just keep in mind the box draw has to be on the top layer and of course aligned properly.

Is that what you meant?
    "You're just jealous because YOUR hat doesn't have a clock in it!"

Comment

Yes thats what I ment. I wasnt selecting both the box and the watermark, just the box.

Thanks for that.

Comment

Shortcut, after you've selected both the box and the card, press CTRL/COMND-7.

You can actually use a box with a fill, but you're just unable to see what's beneath the fill until you've made the clipping path.
        Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
        mediamainline.com
        cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• metalbiker
          Reply to Sup, peeps?
          metalbiker
          hey kool!! no problem, man! i'll look at those links right now to learn what i can and can't do. Nice to meet you as well! And I completely understand the rule about the first posts being moderated. Completely...
          Today, 09:55 PM
        • KitchWitch
          Reply to App Menu Design (4 Seasons)
          KitchWitch
          Hi Jurgen and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
          Today, 06:41 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to obe Photoshop colors ?
          PrintDriver
          Quite honestly, the delta-e of that shift between the two images displayed together is so tiny (on my calibrated monitor,) I wouldn't worry about it much. Short of wanting to understand it, maybe....
          Today, 06:08 PM
        • SericaRose
          Reply to obe Photoshop colors ?
          SericaRose
          Hello;

This is really a problem just about everyone has to deal with and there are lots of different ways of doing so - including just accepting the fact that this is going to happen. Each...
          Today, 05:02 PM
        • l.lail
          Reply to help with identifying pattern
          l.lail
          thanks for the input, I ended up tracing the pattern, I personally don't think its camo so that's why I asked, appreciate it guys
          Today, 12:47 PM

Incredible Stock
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X