No announcement yet.

Clipping mask

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipping mask

Im sure this is one of the easiest techniques in Illustrator. But what I would like to know is the easiest way to clip out the logo from the buisness card design. The dotted lines are the cards boundarys.
    Attached Files

Are you talking about the watermark image in the background and you just want the edges that go outside the dotted line clipped out?

Easy. Draw a box to the size of the card (the dotted line), make sure it has a stroke only (no fill). Then select the box and the logo go under OBJECT/CLIPPING MASK and select MAKE.
    Just keep in mind the box draw has to be on the top layer and of course aligned properly.

Is that what you meant?
    "You're just jealous because YOUR hat doesn't have a clock in it!"

Yes thats what I ment. I wasnt selecting both the box and the watermark, just the box.

Thanks for that.

Shortcut, after you've selected both the box and the card, press CTRL/COMND-7.

You can actually use a box with a fill, but you're just unable to see what's beneath the fill until you've made the clipping path.
        Ned Yeung, A.C.E.

Latest Topics

• BJMRamage
          Comment on Welcome back!
          Yep, I finally was able to update my profile picture!!
          Today, 09:22 AM
        • KitchWitch
          Comment on Welcome back!
          It's working, though. Your comment posted about six times.
          Today, 09:19 AM
        • BJMRamage
          Reply to Welcome back!
          Howdy folks....I popped back in today!
          (and yesterday too when I saw the four was back) gotta check this out and see if I can finally update my avatar that is, like, 3 years old.
          Today, 09:17 AM
        • BJMRamage
          Comment on Allie Turns Three Birthday Invitation
          ahh, I was working with a Pink Purple and Teal color swatch, I guess I didn't use Purple any more on the piece. That's the problem with me and colors. especially those colors. it was hard to see what...
          Today, 09:14 AM
        • BJMRamage
          Reply to Allie Turns Three Birthday Invitation
          Thanks. I spotted a missing section on the cookie shadow/bevel that I fixed (probably can't see it too easily on this smaller scale)

Thank you PanToshi!
          Today, 09:10 AM

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright 2013 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us