X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipping mask

Im sure this is one of the easiest techniques in Illustrator. But what I would like to know is the easiest way to clip out the logo from the buisness card design. The dotted lines are the cards boundarys.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Are you talking about the watermark image in the background and you just want the edges that go outside the dotted line clipped out?

Easy. Draw a box to the size of the card (the dotted line), make sure it has a stroke only (no fill). Then select the box and the logo go under OBJECT/CLIPPING MASK and select MAKE.
    Just keep in mind the box draw has to be on the top layer and of course aligned properly.

Is that what you meant?
    "You're just jealous because YOUR hat doesn't have a clock in it!"

Comment

Yes thats what I ment. I wasnt selecting both the box and the watermark, just the box.

Thanks for that.

Comment

Shortcut, after you've selected both the box and the card, press CTRL/COMND-7.

You can actually use a box with a fill, but you're just unable to see what's beneath the fill until you've made the clipping path.
        Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
        mediamainline.com
        cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X