Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• approveme
    Reply to Hardware, Software Advice
    approveme
    Hi Paul,

Welcome to this forum, hope you enjoy here.
    Today, 05:59 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to What do you think of my video game cover art?
    Roth
    This is inferior to the original in every way. PD made some very good points already to do with hierarchy, and energy. There are basically three elements, the figure, the name, and the background, so...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    Roth
    This is a bit of a stretch. It's like you saw the H in the weights, ran with it, hit a creative wall and tried really hard to make the rest fit. The logo and name are out of proportion to one another...
    Yesterday, 11:50 PM
  • extraordenary
    extraordenary
    Professional designers either create the images themselves, or get it from someone else with respects to the copyrights. Designers often make sure that the image they have is royalty-free so they don't...
    Yesterday, 11:14 PM
  • graphic91
    graphic91
    Umm...really? I know about the design rules, but where to look first? There's not that much information or "look-at-mes" on it and it's just the cover of a video game. Most people who want to...
    Yesterday, 10:34 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating lines in a box

Hi! I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me? its quite a simple question but i am still not sure the best way to go about this? what i would like to know is how can i create lines like the ones that are in the picture that i have made a link to(the yellow lines)?

i guess illustrator but how would i then put the lines into a shape say a rectangle? i tryed pathfinder but the shape still has an outline? i just wanted the lines to represent the shape without an outline? i hope this makes sense? http://images.amazon.com/images/P/39...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

many thanks for any replies.

kind regards.

p
    Attached Files

Make your lines
    Make your shape, place in front of lines.
    Select shape and lines
    Object>Mask>create
    ?

Comment

thankyou thats a great help cheers! is there anyway of expanding once you make the clipping mask so you can change colour etc.? thanks again. p

Comment

Another, sometimes more flexible route is to take two squares (or rectangles), one black on top of one yellow say, and drag it into the Pattern Swatches.

Then you just use this swatch to fill any shape. To adjust the thickness/angle of the lines, just use the rotate and scale tools while holding down the '`' key. To change the colours you can keep the original two squares, re-colour, and replace the original swatch by Alt (Optn) dragging the newly coloured pair on top of the previous swatch. All coloured objects will be updated.

Or... when you colour your original rectangles to create the pattern, create new swatches and make them 'Global' colours. Then when you edit these colours, the change will be made everywhere they're used--including patterns.

Comment

excellent thankyou thats much easier!

Comment

Thanks Broacher, I learned something new today.
            Dribbble Page
            Behance Portfolio
            Linkedin Profile

Comment

When you get to be my age, you find yourself 're-learning' something new every day.

Comment

^^LOL, so true, so true.
                "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                Working...
                X