No announcement yet.

I nearly got ripped off! .. watch out!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I nearly got ripped off! .. watch out!

I rcently went to buy Studio 8 online via Amazon.
    there were a list of versions, new and used, eductaional versions and pro versions, I wanted a pro version. I found one that was only 500.00 'new still in rapper, unopened'.

Cool! myself a few quid right???

Anyway i proceeded to purchase said item and shortly after received an email saying

"Hi, unfortunately Amazon made a mistake. this is an eductaional version. However we can supply the codes to make it a full version. this is included in the price. The only problem being that you cant register it with the company"

Er... yeah right...

cue my very abrupt email back..

"Give me my money back now! you ****"

Obviously it doesnt take a genius to work out his game. Buying an eductaional version of Studio 8 and then selling it on at a vast profit with some dodgy code !!!

Just thought id warn everyone. Im sure you would have worked it out for yourself but just be careful anyway!

Richard Lock Artwork for Music and Media DEVOLUTION DESIGNS - CLICK HERE

Type One Creative, graphic and web design services in the UK TYPE ONE CREATIVE - CLICK HERE

I hope you got your money back?

The thing with Amazon is that anyone can put up something that Amazon already sells.

So even though it's listed with Amazon it may be done by a "third party" listing.

Amazon is probably not the culprit, just some seller as you said is trying to swindle. You can report that seller to Amazon to have the listings removed.

i got my money back thank god.

just wtach out!
        Richard Lock Artwork for Music and Media DEVOLUTION DESIGNS - CLICK HERE

Type One Creative, graphic and web design services in the UK TYPE ONE CREATIVE - CLICK HERE

Buying used on Amazon is almost the same thing as eBay. You're dealing with all types of resellers including ones with no sales ethics. I think you did the right thing by asking for your money back. Trust me, Amazon didn't make the "mistake" the seller did.
          Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Latest Topics

• gawangtala
            Hello GDF
            Hello guys!

Just new here but been on industry for several years and would like to gain more knowledge and understanding from all aspect of design matters.

Hope to learn more...
            Yesterday, 10:59 PM
          • floorlizard
            Help Creating Burned Logo in Wood (Illustrator CC)
            I have a logo that I need to transform so it looks as if it has been burned into wood using a branding iron. I have seen numerous tutorials using Photoshop but can't seem to get it to work out. I am...
            Yesterday, 09:40 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Reply to Adobe InDesign and a JPG Size

.tif and .psd are print formats. With an emphasis on .psd

Don't even use .eps anymore.
            If for any reason photoshop tells...
            Yesterday, 07:11 PM
          • AdobePro
            Reply to Adobe InDesign and a JPG Size
            Wow, excellent responses. I have to go over these instructions again from both of you. Thank you.
            Would a PNG work better in InDesign? The reason I am using InDesign is because my former employer...
            Yesterday, 06:26 PM
          • Designia
            Reply to Creating Text Effect in Illstrator
            Have you looked to layer styles in Photoshop?
            Yesterday, 04:35 PM

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright 2013 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us