Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• jr72023
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    jr72023
    It really looks good. As noted, I am not an artist. The rest of the posters are the pros.

Just curious if a ? in the lower bubble "clue" might not be a little more poignant? Even...
    Today, 01:39 AM
  • Derailed
    Reply to I am SO confused about vehicle wrap design?
    Derailed
    I work for a wrap company. We do almost everything in Illustrator. They send me the templates of the vehicles, although sometimes I don't have to match everything up exactly. Would you be designing...
    Today, 12:16 AM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Adobe Illustrator... Object won't select!
    kemingMatters
    Drop shadow is a raster effect, you'll have to look in the appearance palette to remove the effect
    Yesterday, 11:02 PM
  • Pavlo
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    Pavlo
    I really like the latest version and the concept of the e's facing / speaking with each other. The look and feel is vastly improved and I get an immediate sense of what you are trying to say about the...
    Yesterday, 10:44 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Deaf graphic designers
    KitchWitch
    Hi Signing Toys and welcome to GDF.

If you are looking to hire a deaf graphic designer, please post in the classified section and be sure to include an email address so people can contact...
    Yesterday, 10:26 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I nearly got ripped off! .. watch out!

I rcently went to buy Studio 8 online via Amazon.
    there were a list of versions, new and used, eductaional versions and pro versions, I wanted a pro version. I found one that was only 500.00 'new still in rapper, unopened'.

Cool!..save myself a few quid right???

Anyway i proceeded to purchase said item and shortly after received an email saying

"Hi, unfortunately Amazon made a mistake. this is an eductaional version. However we can supply the codes to make it a full version. this is included in the price. The only problem being that you cant register it with the company"

Er... yeah right...

cue my very abrupt email back..

"Give me my money back now! you ****"

Obviously it doesnt take a genius to work out his game. Buying an eductaional version of Studio 8 and then selling it on at a vast profit with some dodgy code !!!

Just thought id warn everyone. Im sure you would have worked it out for yourself but just be careful anyway!

cheers
    Richard Lock Artwork for Music and Media DEVOLUTION DESIGNS - CLICK HERE

Type One Creative, graphic and web design services in the UK TYPE ONE CREATIVE - CLICK HERE

I hope you got your money back?

Comment

The thing with Amazon is that anyone can put up something that Amazon already sells.

So even though it's listed with Amazon it may be done by a "third party" listing.

Amazon is probably not the culprit, just some seller as you said is trying to swindle. You can report that seller to Amazon to have the listings removed.

Comment

i got my money back thank god.

just wtach out!
        Richard Lock Artwork for Music and Media DEVOLUTION DESIGNS - CLICK HERE

Type One Creative, graphic and web design services in the UK TYPE ONE CREATIVE - CLICK HERE

Comment

Buying used on Amazon is almost the same thing as eBay. You're dealing with all types of resellers including ones with no sales ethics. I think you did the right thing by asking for your money back. Trust me, Amazon didn't make the "mistake" the seller did.
          Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X