• Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Alright then, thank you all for your answers
    Today, 10:20 PM
  • <b>
    Comment on Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    <b>
    Right now, at work, I'm using an early 2011 MacBook Pro. It's had no problems at all. I'll likely get a new one early next year, but I'm in no hurry because I don't want to give up the 17-inch display....
    Today, 09:47 PM
  • iyiyi
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    iyiyi
    Overall I haven't really ever had any problems with macs either. Basically just the grpahics card problems I've been talking about. And the 2011 MBP is notorious for them (which is what I have now)....
    Today, 09:40 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    <b>
    This is a puzzling discussion because the things described run counter to my experiences.

I've been buying Macs since 1984, and have probably owned, maybe, a couple dozen of them. Also during...
    Today, 09:23 PM
  • MeadowlarkGraph
    Reply to Infographics...struggle
    MeadowlarkGraph
    Okay, first attempt at less boring. More variation in text size and background, some different images, shadows. Tried a few different layouts but nothing was hitting me. I actually like "hospice...
    Today, 09:13 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop question - Fixing the horizon

Maybe it's really easy to do this, but I've just started learning Photoshop and I don't know how to solve this problem:
    The horizon in this picture is tilted. How could I fix it, leaving everything else the same? Thanks a lot for any ideas.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...icture_122.jpg

If you are new to photoshop it will not be easy.....I would take the water line above the animal and straighten it out. The gap of white that is made will have to be recreated, into the ocean, and made to look real. Otherwise if the animal is more important to you, then you can crop the animal out, rotate the picture, and recreate the areas around the animal.

There might be an easier way, but that is the first thing that comes to mind for me!
    N.A.N.K.A."We Kick Because We Care."

ERiC's DESiGN HOUSE - (check me out)
    http://ericdesignhouse.blogspot.com/

Design is a plan for arranging elements in such a way as best to accomplish a particular purpose.
    -Charles Eames

Comment

I would take a reverse approach and add in some more sky rather than attempt to rotate the horizon. Just take the rubber stamp and stamp in some of that sky in the shape of a straighter horizon.
      You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

I concure with corn.....then no gap has to be created or filled.
        N.A.N.K.A."We Kick Because We Care."

ERiC's DESiGN HOUSE - (check me out)
        http://ericdesignhouse.blogspot.com/

Design is a plan for arranging elements in such a way as best to accomplish a particular purpose.
        -Charles Eames

Comment

Well, you can Google it and get a few tutorials that will tell you how to adjust the entire image. Or you can set a guide going where you'd like the horizon to be and go to Free Transform>Warp. This way you can adjust the sides of the photo without distorting it too much. I use this on occasion and it works well. There are a few other ways to do this, but your entire image would be shifted.
          Last edited by SharkFinStudios; 09-20-2006, 04:50 PM.

Comment

To correct the horizon: select all, free transform, rightclick, rotate. Place tool in upper right corner and rotate image to the proper position. Deselect and use the cropping tool to remove edges.

Dennis

Westernlightgallery.com

Corrected version
            Last edited by naturehut; 09-27-2006, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Select the whole canvas with the crop tool, then move the square down so that you can align one of the sides with the horizen by rotating, then move the square so that you get as much as you can of the image (shrink while holding down Shift) and click enter. That's what I'd do. I don't have time to explain the alternative.
              http://pederklev.deviantart.com/gallery

Comment

If the image can handle it and the tilt isn't too off then you can transform-skew to straighten it. Might be a bit too much here though as the squirrel gets squished a fair bit... Just did it in a couple of seconds, so it's not completely horizontal, but you get the idea.

at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

Originally posted by frankster
                  If the image can handle it and the tilt isn't too off then you can transform-skew to straighten it. Might be a bit too much here though as the squirrel gets squished a fair bit... Just did it in a couple of seconds, so it's not completely horizontal, but you get the idea.

^^ do that, but first cut your squirrel out then put him back unsquished.....perfect
                  Check it out, TALKDELAWARE.COM

Comment

He is soooo cute! I didn't know squirrels hung out at the beach??

He's fat one isn't he?
                    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Back home in good old inner city manchester the squirrels in the parks were monstrous, fat, violent, cig butt chewers and as a result were totally nicotine dependant and quite scary. This one looks like a little darlin!
                      at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

Bums. We don't have squirrels in New Zealand. I kinda wish we did, but they would probably cause havoc on our wildlife and native trees.
                        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

since when do squirels hang out by the ocean?? where in the hell is this creepy place?
                          ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Fix that horizon!

The fast fix is to select the part of the image just above the dark wave line. This will include the tips of the ears, but don't worry about that part right now.

Give it a feather of about 2 pixels (on this tiny version -- the full size image will need something more like 5 or 10).

Copy the selection onto its own layer (control-J) then use free transform to rotate it until the horizon is level. Since the background sky is still in place, you won't get any missing edges.

Click the layer mask icon at the bottom of the layers palette (or use Layer>Layer Mask>Reveal All.

With a black, soft-edge brush, paint on the layer mask to hide the squirrel's ears in the copy layer and let the background layer show through. Do the same to blend any sky or sea areas where any "seams" show. (I didn't do this step, and in the tiny version it actually looks fine.)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by frankster
                              Back home in good old inner city manchester the squirrels in the parks were monstrous, fat, violent, cig butt chewers and as a result were totally nicotine dependant and quite scary. This one looks like a little darlin!

Grey squirrels damn things vermin, rats with bushy tails.

Now the endangered half the size red squirrels—they are little darlins!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X