• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head done in

i have a business reply 105mm 148 mm

so i have about 30 mm at bottom of card 148 wide to put my work in

and im floored the fires of imagination have been quenched

the company deal in screen projections conferences and board meetings etc (audio and video) but i am at a loss

i am not asking you to do my work for me but steer me in the right direction
    Last edited by panzer; 09-22-2006, 12:03 PM.
    When I awoke today, suddenly nothing happened
    But in my dreams, I slew the dragon

can you show us what you have so far, panzer?
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

i havent a place to store my images and its really lame what i have done so far

depression hits

i wil look and see thanks for the reply tho captain pirate

Comment

You can go to photobucket.com ..... Imageshack.com..... zippyimages.com

They all host images

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

^ for free!

Comment

Time to take a walk...go visit a museum or exhibit to just get some visual stimuli.

Can't take a walk, go to the library to look at pictures.
            Viki Anderson Graphics & Design on Demand
            Through the Looking Glass

Comment

thank you ladies for the kind thoughts here is the thing i have put a frame round to show it is 2 pictures back and front standard A6 business reply cards the front has to be all iin black and those pictures on the back could be better but you see it is an audio visual company
              maybe i am just blocked mentally and yes i know i know im crap at this sorry
              http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...t/head-in1.jpg

(ps thankyou for this site it will save me so much head aches thank you again girls)

Comment

I can't see any side that is all in black...If the form is to be in black, how are people supposed to fill it in?

you will need the boxes to be white squares, text in white and white rectagles for name details etc.

You need to start doing some work on this. You need a company logo, sort our your text order, sort out how your images are going to go - they look pretty shocking as they are now. They're not aligned. If you're going to have captions, give the 4th image a caption too.

I would align the images either on the right of the card or at the bottom, then look at your text.

I wouldn't use the serif font you got going. It doesn't compliment the business.

Pick some colours to use!

Can't help too much more until you do some work.
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

what font would you suggest btw

the main file i left at work, i was able to get a low resolution image
                  i messed about with, ofc all the photos will be aligned and have the captions,
                  i have the company logo but im worried that some one might come online etc that is why i changed most of the phone numbers and stuff

i do appreciate your help mate

crap i wont put it up again im just showing how crap i am
                  Last edited by panzer; 09-24-2006, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Ummmm...How about you do some more work on this, post it and we give you free advice on make it better? Not getting paid enough to instruct you on how to design this...

I would suggest a sans serif font.
                    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Panzer, I would take a look at the layout and try to align it more to a grid. Which space are you looking to "fill", the bottom of the left hand side?

Make sure if this is a mailer that it meets all of the postal regulations for where you plan to mail it. Bar codes, etc.

Comment

First thing I noticed what that your layout grid was off. You're breaking your own 3 colum grid you started by placing those images on their own grid which doesn't align with the rest of the slide.

It seems as if you're grouping the information but it also seems to have no sense of priority. Which information is the most important? Is the most important information on the top of the page or given the proper focus? When I glance at the page, I notice the bulleted list and the photographs. Shouldn't there be a better explaination as to what those points and photos are for?

Also, having the "fill me in" area on the far left is unfamiliar with most readers. We're more inclined to have mail order forms at the bottom of a page or on another page. If people are going to be mailing back information, you don't want them sending the company back all of their advertising. It would be best if they could send back a separate form and hold on to the images and lists to look at and remind them of the business offer request they've sent out.

One final point...where is the color? You're using full-color photographs. Why not use color to bring importance to information as well? The web site URL, the title of the company, etc.. You can point out so much with just a few colors. Use your picker tool and pull something from the photos if you need to.

I don't think you need to fill the space with anything you don't already have on the pages. You need to rework your layout and refine your purpose of the piece to make the information you have stand out a little better. If your job is to show off the location/services of this business, you need to find a way to go beyond just a list...or at least make the list more interesting to read. I say rework the lists to perhaps become various lists and use the photos to support the lists. Think of ways to remix what you have already created and it will become more effective. Good luck!
                        Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

i know,

your all right sorry guys.

but you have helped me alot here, i am really doing printing so this design work is hard for me.

and Budafist i will send you a few dollars in the post

seriousy tho thanks for al the help im will show my latest later and see how horrible you think that one is, lol

but this site is really good for learning stuf, even when people tell you how bad your work is, its constructive,

thanks guys
                          Last edited by panzer; 09-25-2006, 08:11 AM.

Comment

latest ones the front has loads of regulations so i kept it simple the other side the client wanted arial font
                            http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...esidecopy1.jpg
                            http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...mort/Page2.jpg
                            Last edited by panzer; 09-25-2006, 11:00 AM.

Comment

on page 1 you have a typo in "Please contact me"

when I fill out little cards like this, I like to have lines to write my name, address, etc... I write at an angle if I don't (darned left handers!). The lines make it feel more inviting to me.

It's hard for me to visualize how this will look because the front and the back are different sizes... can you save for web, crop them both to the clip board and save them at the same size?

I think that the layout looks a lot better this time, but I am not a fan of the glow on the red text, it made it harder for me to read and made it feel kind of cluttered to me.

Hope that helps some.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X