Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Judy Smith
    Reply to The ad I posted in classifieds was not posted
    Judy Smith
    On the post, I had linked to a thread on this forum, wherein someone advised me to post the term "volunteer" in the subject line of the classifieds section....
    Today, 03:33 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to First Time App Project Advice Needed
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF dude

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    BillyLogan
    Absolutely better. Just make sure the tag line's readable if you ever print it....
    Today, 01:47 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Custom social icons
    BillyLogan
    For me, customizing your own social media icons reflect creativity and imagination. However, it may tend to look less professional because of the artistry of some people. So if you have a corporate website,...
    Today, 01:40 AM
  • garricks
    Reply to The ad I posted in classifieds was not posted
    garricks
    Judy, the description of the sub forum reads:

Jobs and Paying projects.NO SPEC WORK OR CONTESTS! PAID WORK ONLY! IF IT'S NOT PAYING WORK DO NOT POST IT HERE!!! If you don't want the job,...
    Today, 12:49 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Mail piece sizing and specs...

I'm working on a direct mail piece, and they have given me freedom on sizing. Its going to be a 1 fold piece taped shut, with one face having the mailing information, and the rest of the faces will be graphics. I can only find templates on usps.com for Business Reply Cards, and this won't be a Business Reply piece. I was thinking there were more sizing options available for things like this...Anyone have any info? Thanks

Is it being sent out bulk pre-sorted mail or first class?

Comment

Here's some links that may help:
      http://pe.usps.gov/text/Pub25/Pub25c...e%20Dimensions

http://www.usps.com/merlin/

Comment

depending on how you are going to mail it, you have a lot of freedom for the size. We do regular postcards that range from 6"x4" to 8.5"11" you pay the same for bulkrate.

Pretty much you can go any size you want in between 6"x4" and 8.5"x11" without incurring any extra fees besides for the weight.

Postcard Templates / regulations

Hope that helps. I work at a direct mail place, if you have any questions, let me know, I can go ask someone in production.
        "To be is to do" --Socrates.
        "To do is to be" --Jean-Paul Sartre.
        "Do be do be do" --Frank Sinatra

Comment

Things have changed, its no longer a folded piece, I'm goign to make it 6" x 8.5"...I'm going to follow the guide on the link that CamarotaDesign posted. I really wanted a black background on both sides, but I'll have to leave white in the areas it calls for Thanks everyone!

oh, one more thing, it needs a perforation on one end, like 2" or so from the left edge..any problems with this?

Comment

Should be fine with perf. Just as long as it's done properly and isn't falling off! What is the perf for?

I did a mail out - change of company name. We had a perf at the end so that when you ripped it off you got their new business card.
            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by budafist
              Should be fine with perf. Just as long as it's done properly and isn't falling off! What is the perf for?

I did a mail out - change of company name. We had a perf at the end so that when you ripped it off you got their new business card.
              it will be a little thing to tear off that they fill out and bring to a tradeshow to win a prize...Thanks man!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X