Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• damonharris
    Reply to creative business cards
    damonharris
    Choose a design that is creative and effective enough to boost your business and will get the interest of your potential customers. That's what I'm always telling my friends who are in the business. And...
    Today, 06:03 AM
  • Yehoshua
    Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    I've been exploring more with minimalism, but still trying to keep things logical. This is a 11x17 cover for a recent undergrad project I've been working on. Does it work? Why or why not? The blue wacked...
    Today, 04:22 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    vaprarts
    Now i have no real experience working with clients but in my opinion you did what most designers should do. You are being hired as a designer not an artist. Its our job to create work that makes sense....
    Today, 02:58 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Zoo Business Card Critique Wanted
    Buda
    I really like the aesthetic.

Will you do more in the series? You could have a different design for different departments.
    Today, 02:44 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Sweden's official national typeface
    Buda
    Cool idea but I'm not convinced that font will work in every situation. Can they remove Comic Sans from all government computers? That would be a nice start.

My mum works for a government...
    Today, 02:43 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mac vs. pc color correction??

hey all, about 2 months ago I picked up a macbook pro, I've noticed something real weird... In photoshop using color code #424242 I get a nice dark gunmetal-ish type grey.. BUT whenever I use dreamweaver and input #424242 its ALOT more lighter than the color in photoshop, I mean ALOT, its impossible to match grey colors... Does anyone have any idea whats going on?? I've looked/read everywhere I cannot seem to fix it.

What computer were you using before? Is this a problem you're noticing now that didn't happen on your earlier computer?

I would say that as long as you have the values typed in correctly, you're probably okay, but the preview difference is strange, especially if it was okay before.
    "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

I used a pc before... The preview differences are different and so is the final image... On a pc they would match, But on my screen they're two totally different shades of grey.. The only way I could show you is by taking a photograph of my screen.. It has always been like this, I've even had some reports of people running pcs that some of my images appear darker than they are on my mac... Which isnt good.

Comment

give me a second, i took a picture im uploading it now.

Comment

I guess you are trying to match an image that you are going to insert with the background colour in dreamweaver?

When you insert image into dreamweaver and preview in a browser, do they stil look different?
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

yea buda exactly! hang ooooon im almost done and i'll show you guys what I mean...

Comment

I just did a test. You're right. Dreamweaver displays this colour as a light grey. But once you open your site in a browser it will match a jpg that is filled in with 424242. Don't worry about it!
              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Also, if you fill 424242 in the "bg" bit next to where the blue folder is, you will get a light grey. But for some reason, when you put 424242 under this, where the colour box is, you will get the colour you are after.

Comment

Ultimately, I want photoshop to be the same shade as dreamweaver, because the dreamewaver is almost perfectly matched on my pc.
                  Last edited by macJr; 09-23-2006, 06:12 AM.

Comment

there you go! Buda, im putting 424242 under bg color in page propertise(apple+j) the outcome is above... that is color code: 424242 in both photoshop / dreamweaver see how bad it is.

Comment

Yeah but dreamweaver just a crappy preview.

Insert a 424242 jpg square that you have created in Photoshop into your dreamweaver file with a 424242 background. They will look different. Save.

Have a go at opening up your html file now in your browser (internet explorer, mozilla, safari etc). It should be fine.

Comment

buda, samething happens for me the square is noticably darker... same outcome as above.

Comment

Really? It's not for me...Maybe your dreamweaver is snapping your colour to websafe colour automatically. I don't know how to fix this exactly...

In Photoshop colour panel, if you tick websafe colour, is that pretty much the colour that has come up in Dreamweaver?

Comment

I guess what you got to do now is to choose your colour in dreamweaver instead of in Photoshop. Work backwards maybe?

Comment

I uploaded the html/square to my pc and they blend PERFECTLY. where is this websafe option your taking about? I do not see it.

edit: the funny thing is the dreamweaver comes pretty close to the pc color... so that means all my imagese in photoshop are off for all pc users...

buda if i work backwards, samething will happend.
                              Last edited by macJr; 09-23-2006, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X