X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environmental Design

Got a project here to do with the reuse of products, im not talking about recycling exactly but more like like reusing, eg. giving computers to youth groups, things like that.

Im just looking for any resources or groups that deal with 'green' issues.
    R. S. Young

Like this?
    http://www.youthfortechnology.org/frames.html

or this?
    http://www.epa.gov/epaoswer/hazwaste...te.htm#recycle
    http://www.moea.state.mn.us/rpdir/index.cfm

What kind are issues are you looking for? Is this just research?
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

http://www.kidney.org/support/kidneycars/index.cfm
      You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

those last two links are great Budafist.. cheers..

some research for a future poster on persuading people to donate items rather then bin them...to reuse rather than get rid of.
        R. S. Young

Comment

Someone I'm in touch with through another forum (Jacob Madsen) did some really great stuff for a re-use of scrap for art center...

http://www.jacobmadsen.com/portfolio/adbook/

I'm referring to the 3 designs in a row at the bottom of the set of 9 on this page.

Thought you might find it interesting even if not directly useful.
          at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

It's a good idea. People need to recycle and it needs to be easier for those that choose to.
            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

thats very nice.

i cant quite make it out... what does the scrap stand for? any idea?
              R. S. Young

Comment

It's these guys...

http://www.scrap-sf.org/

scroungers center for reusable art parts in San Francisco
                at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

Working at a printers - we have loads of offcuts of pretty cards and papers and interesting card shapes left over from die cutting. We give them to kindergartens to play with.

There should be a company that links up excess stuff from companies to other organisations that would like them. Maybe any waste that your company makes gets put into a database and some genius figures out what can be done with it and contacts the people that might want this excess stuff to pick up.

Comment

That's good to hear about re-using and all.

The saying goes something like: "Refuse, recycle, re-use and repair."

The repair is a latter addition, an area that's formed small industry in " less developed nations".
                    Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
                    - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Although once I went someone's house where they repaired and recycled everything. I'm talking every tin can ever used in this house was kept. I think that's going a *little* overboard....

Comment

^ My mother is like that. She is running out of room to store things that "someone might need someday".
                        Light a man a fire and he will be warm for a short while. Light a man afire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Oh, I'm pretty good at hording, but we moved house 2 months ago so I threw out just about everything.

Moving house is a good way to sort it all out.

Too bad we have heaps of storage under our house - I can see us putting stuff in there that we cant throw out.

Comment

Found this link
                            "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

This link is also pretty cool. Freecycle
                              "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X