Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    Changed the fonts, removed the texture, reduced the amount of colors & brightened the orange. better?...
    Today, 02:21 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Creating an Image for a car sticker
    PrintDriver
    Your client needs to get you the dimensions of the door. Without that, one can only guess.
    In Illustrator use whatever units you want. I use inches. Too much math otherwise.
    Today, 02:00 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Retail vs Contract Pricing
    PrintDriver
    B, we pay illustrators to create maps for projects and end up paying them a royalty based fee. The number of copies are limited by contract and they are free to license the map art for others. I don't...
    Today, 01:57 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Retail vs Contract Pricing
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF cdgc

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 01:11 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Creating an Image for a car sticker
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF wikster

Your image is not showing up. What works best for me is to upload an image to a photo hosting site like photobucket. Then use the IMG tag/link and paste that directly...
    Today, 01:10 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Monitor size/resolution for Flash film

Hi and thanks for reading, I have just created a 10minute long film in Flash which is 1680 x 1050 pixels, I now have been asked to purchase a monitor/T.V for the film to run on.
    I am planning on burning the film to a DVD so that the company can use there current DVD player with the film.

I basically want it to look the best it can and so if anyone can give me advice on TV or monitor screen sizes that would best fit a 1680x1050 flash film your help would be fantastically appreciated!

Many thanks
    David
    David Hampshire

T: 07734823877
    @: davidhampshiredesign@yahoo.co.uk
    A: 35 Mendip Road
    Windmill Hill
    Bedminster
    Bristol
    BS3

Isn't the whole point to flash that it is scalable to any resolution?

Comment

Only if it is all vector art. Any pixel based asset will distort in some manner if resized.

That would be my first question then. Is it all vector?

Second..if you are going to use a standard DVD player, the DVD MPEG spec is 720x480. So your video needs to be scaled down by 2 1/3, which will get you 720x450. This means you will have 15 pixels of full black on left and right. You may be able to stretch it to fit without too much of a noticable difference. But remember these are non-square pixels!! Also, convert your colors to CMYK before making the DVD. TV color space is somewhat similar to print. It will not replay RGB red (255,0,0) without significant distortion in the video AND audio!
      For best picture quality use component cables between the DVD player and TV. If not, the next best would be S-Video. Last resort, use the composite cables.
      Media & Marketing; the perfect marriage. maa.technical-t.com

Comment

Thanks so much 'technical' terry, ive only just graduated and been given this job its an awesome opportunity but still i'm a little over my head with technicalities such as this! as for is it all Vector it is, But i've put the flash film into After Effects to add various effects (lens flare etc.) so it's technically no longer a flash piece?
        any idea?
        David Hampshire

T: 07734823877
        @: davidhampshiredesign@yahoo.co.uk
        A: 35 Mendip Road
        Windmill Hill
        Bedminster
        Bristol
        BS3

Comment

Yeah AE is great for finishing and effects. Make a new composition in AE that is Broadcast NTSC (720x486) or PAL (720x576) whatever it is that you are using. Drag in your previous comp onto the new one. Resize it, using the corner points, to the size you desire. "Make Movie" out of AE, Quicktime format, use the animation codec, ensure you have the correct frame rate and all the jazz. Make your DVD with the resulting Quicktime movie.
          Media & Marketing; the perfect marriage. maa.technical-t.com

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X