Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Roth
    Reply to What do you think of my video game cover art?
    Roth
    This is inferior to the original in every way. PD made some very good points already to do with hierarchy, and energy. There are basically three elements, the figure, the name, and the background, so...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    Roth
    This is a bit of a stretch. It's like you saw the H in the weights, ran with it, hit a creative wall and tried really hard to make the rest fit. The logo and name are out of proportion to one another...
    Yesterday, 11:50 PM
  • extraordenary
    extraordenary
    Professional designers either create the images themselves, or get it from someone else with respects to the copyrights. Designers often make sure that the image they have is royalty-free so they don't...
    Yesterday, 11:14 PM
  • graphic91
    graphic91
    Umm...really? I know about the design rules, but where to look first? There's not that much information or "look-at-mes" on it and it's just the cover of a video game. Most people who want to...
    Yesterday, 10:34 PM
  • Lucifer
    Reply to Your thoughts on this logo?
    Lucifer
    I like it. I like the way you've done the spacing.
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halftone pattern...

I know a couple methods for creating this look...One is using the photoshop filter. But for some reason it fills the whole artboard with dots, even places with no color, so that will not work. And there is the Bitmap method, which looks cool, but is not "clean" because the circles aren't antialiased...I'm looking for a way to create this look with "clean" circles. Any ideas?

problem solved: click here

seriously, it works and it works well. Have fun.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Thanks, that might work. Looks like I'll have to combine all the pages myself in photoshop or something? And its too bad the standalone version is PC only.

Comment

We all love the rasterbator, takes a little time to get to know, but then you will come to love it..... You can choose under your preferences of the job to do it all on one sheet....

About the program only on P.C.... too bad for you mac users, you can't rasterbate without help.
        "To be is to do" --Socrates.
        "To do is to be" --Jean-Paul Sartre.
        "Do be do be do" --Frank Sinatra

Comment

To be honest, I'd much rather Rasterbate with help
          In this post there are 47 people, none of them can be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTheVike
            Thanks, that might work. Looks like I'll have to combine all the pages myself in photoshop or something? And its too bad the standalone version is PC only.
            Well, it takes some getting used to. If you have access to a PC the standalone version gives you a little more control and you can create larger, singular rasterbated images (you don't have to combine them into one)

Otherwise, yes you may have to try and combine them together depending on your dot size, etc.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Originally posted by mac.FINN
              To be honest, I'd much rather Rasterbate with help
              Oh brother, here we go again.
              "To be is to do" --Socrates.
              "To do is to be" --Jean-Paul Sartre.
              "Do be do be do" --Frank Sinatra

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTheVike
                I know a couple methods for creating this look...One is using the photoshop filter. But for some reason it fills the whole artboard with dots, even places with no color, so that will not work. And there is the Bitmap method, which looks cool, but is not "clean" because the circles aren't antialiased...I'm looking for a way to create this look with "clean" circles. Any ideas?
                Copy the highest-contrast channel and run Color Halftone ( the image will dictate the appropriate settings) on that copy only. Select/Inverse the result and fill that selection on a new layer.

Comment

I struggle with this too. Often I need to get a halftone dot pattern at like 45dpi And I can never get the filter settings right, any advice.
                  I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.

Comment

i usually use the bitmap technique and then trace the pattern in illy.

Make a gradient. Black to white. change your image mode to grayscale, then to bitmap. when you hit bitmap, in the mthod drop down, select Halftone Pattern. click ok. select your frequency. you'll have to play with this a bit to get it just right. VIOLA! Halftone dots!
                    Me Blog, ya scurvy dog----> http://dreamindex.blogspot.com
                    click the monkey... you know you want to... <updated 11/26!!

Comment

Select what it is you want to have the pattern. Run a path around it or whatever you need to do to get it selected by itself and then run the filter. It's doing the whole image because you don't have a specific area you're telling it to halftone.
                      You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                      Working...
                      X