Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• extraordenary
    Reply to College vs University
    extraordenary
    I don't know how it works there in New Zealand, but here in Toronto, university programs are compiled with different courses. For example, in the first semester of the first year, two of the four courses...
    Today, 01:55 AM
  • timmyjay
    Reply to My personal website
    timmyjay
    This might just be me, but writing in 3rd person feels impersonal. I guess its one of those things when there isn't a right or wrong way of doing things, just personal preference. If I was a client, I...
    Today, 01:41 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Education consultancy logo
    BillyLogan
    I'd like to see more emphasis on the Locally Global part. Maybe you can make the font style bolder. Other than that, you're logo looks great and good to go. Design's simple which makes it more professional...
    Today, 01:30 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Logo
    BillyLogan
    This is better than the first one. But there are still some things I'm concerned about. The ".co.nz" style looks dated maybe because of the font used and because you stretched it. You can put...
    Today, 01:26 AM
  • B
    Reply to Running into brick wall!
    B
    I do a whole lot of work for government agencies. Efficiency is a concept they seem to never have encountered. Their idea of getting something done is to schedule a series of meetings with dozens of people...
    Yesterday, 11:47 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technique from TECH VECTOR

Months ago I emailed the dude that did the vector art on this site....

www.techvector.com (great stuff huh?)

Anywhooo.... today I finally got a response and although we didn't correspond for very long he supplied me with this little handy tutorial that some of you vector whores might find useful.

http://www.techvector.com/Artwork/CarbonFiber1.jpg

I'm looking forward to chatting more with this guy to learn some new tricks, and of course will share my findings if people are interested.

Cheers!
    "You're just jealous because YOUR hat doesn't have a clock in it!"

oooohhhhhhh.

*drool*
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

holy carp, his stuff is good.
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

yeah he's good huh? I have been plugging away at my own stuff I hope compares to his....when I finish some I will post. Have two on the go now and just recently started work on them again. (corvette and a strawberry).

Comment

Holy begonkers, that's pretty cool.

WTF did I get begonkers from?

Comment

Very yummy vectors! Speaking of portfolios that impress... I love Dave Werner's portfolio presentation. I'm not usually one to like flash gubbins, but this works well and I think will have clients breaking down his door to get work done. He actually explains his work, which so many people forget to do in a portfolio...

http://www.okaydave.com/
            at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

yeah thats a great site!!! love the sketchbook idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger_Mouse

I'm looking forward to chatting more with this guy to learn some new tricks, and of course will share my findings if people are interested.

Cheers!
                Yes, DM, we're very interested. (There I go, speaking for the group...)

I've always liked that work, and I'm very glad that he's willing to share some insight into what he does.
                Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                mediamainline.com
                cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

yeah Ned I thought you would like.

This guys stuff is seamless, I can't wait to get more tips from him.
                  Figure Ynot would like too.

Comment

Wow. That Dave Werner site is stunning. I wish I would have gotten my act together earlier. As it is I'm 26 and still floundering through design school.
                    God is not a republican.

Comment

NICE! plz share

Comment

Thanks Danger. I love tech vectors stuff. maybe would all do a chat room thing sometime and pic his brain. . . . If he's willing. Have you invited him to GDF?
                        I don't make mistakes. I thought I did once but I was wrong.

www.deepanchorgraphics.com

Comment

That's a good idea, I will send him an email. He is in another vector site filled with his skill calibre of vector artists.

www.illustratorworld.com

A must for any serious vector artist. I just joined but haven't posted anything yet. All kind of mesh tuts or whatever.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                          Working...
                          X