X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colour from photoshop to indesign?

Hi! im having a little trouble with matching pantone colours from photoshop to indesign?

basically if i select a pantone colour and use it in photoshop its exactly how i want it, but when i place the image in indesign and use the same pantone colour with indesign the same colour prints out completely different?

its very frustrating, is there some way to make photoshop and indesign print out the exact same colours? surely they should do??

many thanks
    p

The color should be the same between programs. Your problem is likely to be with transparencies and blends. Do you have anything layered over or behind the color? Is the layer that has your color effected by a transparency? Is your PS file in RGB mode?

You could also check the values of the Pantone color (ie RGB, HSB, HEX) and enter them manually in InDesign in case the problem really isnt user-related.

Comment

Your color profiles are probably off.
      Light a man a fire and he will be warm for a short while. Light a man afire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Are you working in CMYK or RGB in PhotoShop? ... and using spot colors in InDesign?

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Is your desktop printer postscript?
          Last edited by jimking; 09-27-2006, 11:59 PM.
          WYSIWYG

Comment

Make a spot colour square in Photoshop. Save as an eps. When you import this colour into Indesign, the same swatch should come up as the photoshop eps. Is that better?
            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I just did a little test. Even after synchronizing my color settings through Bridge for all my Creative Suite applications, Photoshop still assigns different CMYK values to spot colors than InDesign, very lame, in my opinion.

If you're going from Photoshop and trying to match your color from Photoshop in InDesign, write down the numbers from Photoshop and manually input them into your InDesign file.

Buda's solution would work as well if you've created a spot color channel in Photoshop. But once you go to TIFF format, Photoshop converts it to CMYK and because of the differences in the conversion between the two, you get a different color from one program to the next.
              "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

What's the point of using a spot of you're going to go and save it as a tiff? You'll just have to print CMYK anyways...
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Indeed, Buda, but it would also be great if at least the two supposedly synchronized programs would at least convert the spots to process in the same exact way.
                  "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X