X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full time freelance...

is kinda boring, but extremely awesome at the same time.

I have plenty of work, but i'm burning right through it. I need more, more, more... Since I left the agency life all of my managerial/AE design filters are gone and the work is back up to where I want it to be. It really awesome!

Anyone here a full time freelance designer? Have similar feelings?

I am...
    Then my alarm clock goes off and I realize I have no business sense.
    • match in the gas tank, boom boom •

Comment

Nothing wrong with Freelance...as long as you properly care for your health insurance, retirement and make sure you have money for over 6 months of bills in the bank. Its great.

Comment

Ha! I have non of that. My savings is essentially my tax fund. I am 2 months ahead on renta and I have a retainer. I have been with an agency for the past two years, but have freelanced full time and on the side for 4 years.

I will most likely be back in an agency next year. It suits me.

Comment

I am part time....but thoughts of going full time! With my life style I can almost forget about it! 4 kids....ouch on medical. 1 wife....great support.
          N.A.N.K.A.™ "We Kick Because We Care."

ERiC's DESiGN HOUSE - (check me out)
          http://ericdesignhouse.blogspot.com/

Design is a plan for arranging elements in such a way as best to accomplish a particular purpose.
          -Charles Eames

Comment

Full Time Freelance IMO is acceptable when you are young, not married and have no children.

Full Time Freelance when you are older, married and have children is called your own company.

Comment

Originally posted by activeseven
              Full Time Freelance IMO is acceptable when you are young, not married and have no children.

Full Time Freelance when you are older, married and have children is called your own company.
              Does that mean I should freelance now before it's too late???

I'd love to freelance full time, but as yet, it just isn't feasible...
              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Well, I consider myself a full-time Independent Designer.

My friends however, consider me a part-time designer/part-time bum.
                Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                mediamainline.com
                cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

I'd quite like to be a part time bum.

I'm sick so I took the day off. My flatmate is unemployed, does that make her a bum? Or do you need to be stinky and homeless too?
                  It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I am still getting edumacated so I will decide once I finish all of my schooling...personally, but with the way the I play hard...I would be great at freelancing....

by the way....buda...love your work!
                    N.A.N.K.A.™ "We Kick Because We Care."

ERiC's DESiGN HOUSE - (check me out)
                    http://ericdesignhouse.blogspot.com/

Design is a plan for arranging elements in such a way as best to accomplish a particular purpose.
                    -Charles Eames

Comment

Yes buda,you should look into silk screening if you haven't already.

Comment

I'm thinking about it, the way things are going. I don't know anything (read, "very little") about taxes/accounting/legal shizznannigans.

Comment

Thanks Graphic and Hunt. Haven't done any screenprinting before, though they offered it on my course, for some lazy reason (or because there was other stuff that also appealed don't you hate that?) I didn't take it.

As for taxes and legal stuff, I'll get my mum to do my taxes and I'll wait for my friend who is studying law to be a copyright lawyer to finish studying and I should be set!

Comment

Originally posted by budafist
                            My flatmate is unemployed, does that make her a bum? Or do you need to be stinky and homeless too?
                            I don't know. I fit all the qualifications.
                            Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                            mediamainline.com
                            cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

LOL. I'm sure you smell lovely Ned. What with all the women's perfume you got hoarded over there!

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X