Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• vaprarts
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    vaprarts
    Now i have no real experience working with clients but in my opinion you did what most designers should do. You are being hired as a designer not an artist. Its our job to create work that makes sense....
    Today, 02:58 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Zoo Business Card Critique Wanted
    Buda
    I really like the aesthetic.

Will you do more in the series? You could have a different design for different departments.
    Today, 02:44 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Sweden's official national typeface
    Buda
    Cool idea but I'm not convinced that font will work in every situation. Can they remove Comic Sans from all government computers? That would be a nice start.

My mum works for a government...
    Today, 02:43 AM
  • it52
    Reply to Infographics...struggle
    it52
    I do find them a bit boring. I think the layout and graphics themselves are too simple. I think you can definitely try adding some more detail to the graphics and experiment a bit more with your layo...
    Today, 01:19 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    <b>
    I always try to recommend what I think will work best for the client -- even when it means a lower fee for me. It sort of boils down to a matter of being professional and honest, which as far as I'm concerned,...
    Today, 12:40 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok ok I give, whats the deal with Comic Sans?

All right everyone, I know I'm the new guy around here and all. But there seems to be so much hatred towards Comic Sans. So I'm just gonna bite the bullet and ask the nOOb question.

Why are we all hating on this font so much?

I don't hate it. I'm Comic Sans only friend. lol
    Why are we all hating on this font so much?
    \
    Because it is WAY too often misused...usually by do it yourself "graphic artists".
    "You're just jealous because YOUR hat doesn't have a clock in it!"

Comment

Because it is the most common inappropriatly used font. Many people (non-designers we hope) think it is cute and use it where "cute" won't fly. Like legal documents.
      Light a man a fire and he will be warm for a short while. Light a man afire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

It's a font that is used WAY too much because it's so readily available - and it's usually used very poorly by people who don't have an understanding of basic design or typography principles.

Ban Comic Sans

- J.
        Jeff Fisher | Engineer of Creative Identity
        Jeff Fisher LogoMotives | Twoot! Twoot!

Comment

Just for mentioning the name you get 20 lashes with a wet noodle.
          How about a chain pickerel in your bath tub?

Comment

aww come on whats wrong with comic sans????

hahahaha just kidding with you all, i would say just overuse
            Check it out, TALKDELAWARE.COM

Comment

I have to agree. C**** S*** is used so often in porfessional documents. It looks terrible.

If only I could get the same disgust toward Papyrus. blah. everywhere...
              www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

If comic sans's main detriment is its over use and abuse, then isn't myriad and minion well on its way to joining comic sans in the frozen lake at the bottom of hell, rubbing elbows with Caesar, Hitler and the spirit of the Republican party? Shouldn't we be burning ligatures in Helvetica's yard too?
                . . . in bed

(.)(.)™

You can fry an egg on the devil's hiney, but it ain't never gonna come out sunny-side up, A-men!

Comment

Because it's complete trash. Look at how inconsistent the lettertypes are. It's hard on the eyes.

Comment

http://fourtwentydesign.com/blog/arc...5-worst-fonts/
                    www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

That's why.
                      I will grow old but I will never grow up.

Comment

educational.......!
                        N.A.N.K.A."We Kick Because We Care."

ERiC's DESiGN HOUSE - (check me out)
                        http://ericdesignhouse.blogspot.com/

Design is a plan for arranging elements in such a way as best to accomplish a particular purpose.
                        -Charles Eames

Comment

Thankfully Papyrus is on that list - I think it's the new Comic Sans.

- J.
                          Jeff Fisher | Engineer of Creative Identity
                          Jeff Fisher LogoMotives | Twoot! Twoot!

Comment

I see university roman or something like that...Occidental used in signage all over the place here. Mostly for these gated communities, various businesses, etc...Anybody else see this?
                            Last edited by Brie; 07-19-2008, 12:20 AM.
                            “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

I like this thread. I don't use comic sans, papyrus, myriad or minion.

I like University Roman though. I don't use it often, so no problem. I particularly like it's "&" which maybe why it is overused...
                              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X