Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• megoggsc
    Oh Portland!
    megoggsc
    This is something fun I did to remember my trip to Portland!...
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Howdy from Texas!
    Buda
    What is the project and what is the product? Most companies protect their copyright quite vigourously. Even if you don't get caught, there's always a chance.

Could your project be considered...
    Yesterday, 11:46 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Education consultancy logo
    Buda
    I prefer the first design concept, it just needs a bit more style to get it looking less generic.

This one's wings look like deformed human hands.
    Yesterday, 11:43 PM
  • ISitude
    Reply to Need advice for creating a label
    ISitude
    The label kind of confuses me ...although that's mot hard to do.

Does honey come from berries?
    Yesterday, 11:43 PM
  • Buda
    Comment on Education consultancy logo
    Buda
    If you type in "bird book logo" you'll get lots of similar looking logos.
    Yesterday, 11:42 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving photos to flash drives

I have a 512mb flash drive that is completely empty. I just tried to save a 280kb JPEG file to it and it wouldn't go - saying that there wasn't enough free space. This has me really confused. Does anyone know what's going on?
    "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
    -Steve Jobs

Is there a lock feature on it? I had the exact same error and once I unlocked it I was all set.

Comment

How do you unlock it?
      -Steve Jobs

Comment

If you're trying to save the photo through a Mac try taking it to a PC and deleting the "trashes" file. I had this problem with my drive too. This file doesn't show up on Macs, but there may be a way to see it that I'm unaware of.
        I will grow old but I will never grow up.

Comment

if you empty the trash on a mac...the drive trash goes with it

Comment

Ah, I knew that

(says she who never empties her PC's recycle bin in fear that something important is in there)
            I will grow old but I will never grow up.

Comment

Depends on the card. There might be a little button on the actual flash drive with a lock and unlock feature. Mine does.

Comment

Same thing happened to me...I was about to send it back until I found a switch on it that was the same color as the flash drive....it was so well blended!
                N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

ERiC's DESiGN HOUSE - (check me out)
                http://ericdesignhouse.blogspot.com/

Design is a plan for arranging elements in such a way as best to accomplish a particular purpose.
                -Charles Eames

Comment

Ah, I got it now. Thanks for the help.
                  -Steve Jobs

Comment

Just for knowledge and understanding....what resolved your problem?

Design is a plan for arranging elements in such a way as best to accomplish a particular purpose.
                    -Charles Eames

Comment

on this note, kinda a no brainer tip but many dont do it. on a PC (not sure about macs) use the "remove hardware safely" tool when unpluggin flash/thumb drives, they are know to easily be corrupted for not unplugging safely.

/PSA
                      Check it out, TALKDELAWARE.COM

Comment

I think the ejection on mac is much easier than PC.....one reason why I like mac more than pc.!

-Charles Eames

Comment

Another thing to look at when this happens: hidden files.
                          Your drive can fill up with hidden files. The option to show hidden files is in the control panel.
                          Light a man a fire and he will be warm for a short while. Light a man afire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

It was the trash right?
                            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Some of it.
                              Light a man a fire and he will be warm for a short while. Light a man afire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X