Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Namibia
    Reply to business card design
    Namibia
    I will show you some updates. 2 variations.

The orange is on both sides of cards.
    I chose 10 QR code, because in it is Vcard.
    Companys name is on other side of card...
    Today, 05:08 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to in need of urgent help
    PrintDriver
    If someone pulls a prank, they're the arse. Glad my boss doesn't take kindly to pranks. We have fun, of course, but anything that costs the company money? Not so much.
    Yesterday, 11:18 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to New design lover here
    Buda
    Welcome Sasa.
    Yesterday, 10:13 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to in need of urgent help
    Buda
    I agree, the borders are too heavy.

Don't stretch the text. Use it at 100% scale only.

Personally, I don't think you need vertical lines at all. Just horizontal rules would...
    Yesterday, 10:12 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Business Card Critique
    Buda
    The back and the front look like branding for two completely different businesses.

What pt size is your contact details? It looks a bit too small from here. I wouldn't go under 8pt. You might...
    Yesterday, 10:09 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistral is the new Comic Sans

I can't stand this font, I keep seeing it everywhere I go. Maybe is one of those things when you see what you want to see... so wadda you think?

Seriously, I see this font everywhere and it insects me. I mean, bugs me. And the funny part is that I've been aware of this since I was eleven, and didn't even know what GD was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistral_%28typeface%29
    http://www.fonts.com/FindFonts/detail.htm?pid=201684

Maybe is not this exact font which I see all the time, cause I'm aware there are like two other fonts who are practically the same. You can even see it in the pink panther's credits, jees.

Well... shall we kill mistral too?

There's also brushscript overused.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mistral has been around a lot longer than Comic Sans (1953 vs 1994). I used it on my first business cards in the mid 80s (it was still quite popular then), but the sight of it now just makes me think of tanning salons and window tinters. "Choc" is an ITC take off of Mistral that just screams "faux edgy", though it never reached Mistral's level of saturation.

I personally don't get the level Comic Sans bashing. Sure it's a MicroFont, has lousy proportions and rhythm, is favored by extreme scrapbookers, etc., but if a client asks for it you can easily substitute 100 appropriate casual typeface is its place and the client will never complain. Now if they ask you to force Comic Sans...

Comment

I actually hate this font a lot more than Comic Sans. You'll see this one on just about every flyer that a non-designer at work creates to announce a going away lunch or baby shower for somebody.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ugh. Another novelty display face that people love to use for text. Typically used along with a stock "ethnic" border to show you how wild the event will be.

Throw a little bevel/emboss on it and watch the magic...

Comment

Comment

Looking at Papyrus now, it's not a nasty font. It's just overused.
              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

While I do agree that there possibly are some fonts that are just bad,

I agree, Papyrus isn't one of them, just overused, and also inappropriately used.
                "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

I don't think any font comes close to taking C**** S***'s crown as the most over used pathetically poor excuse for a font . . .in my humble opinion!
                  Design is only as good as what it achieves

Comment

Originally posted by Kesh
                    Don't go to South Dakota, especially Rapid City. Comic Sans and Papyrus are used on everything.

Comment

Originally posted by reuber1
                      Don't go to South Dakota, especially Rapid City. Comic Sans and Papyrus are used on everything.
                      ahahhaa...i was just there in August....unfortunately that's where both of my parents met and used to live (kind of scary) lol.

Comment

Beautiful place, nice people, just too much C**** S*** and Papyrus. I think we should have the forum autogenerate asterisks for comic sans, lol.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X